FDR 1672 mower

mito352003

Sep 5, 2015
Paw Paw, Michigan
I was mowing today on a L2501 with a FDR 1672 mower. Unfortunately I very slightly ran over some river rock and the Mower stopped spinning, the PTO Shaft was working not the blades. Also I broke a blade. Honestly it barely got into the rock (size of eggs).
My question where do I look first? I assumed there must be a shear pin but I see none listed in the manual.
Terry

Last edited:

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I was mowing today on a L2501 with a FDR 1672 mower. Unfortunately I very slightly ran over some river rock and the Mower stopped spinning, the PTO Shaft was working not the blades. Also I broke a blade. Honestly it barely got into the rock (size of eggs).
My question where do I look first? I assumed there must be a shear pin but I see none listed in the manual.
Terry
^^^^^

Yeah, no shear pin since the input shaft on the gearbox is splined. Also the output PTO shaft on your tractor.

Since the spindles/blades are belt driven and a tensioning pulley used.....IF something is hit that suddenly stops/slows the blades, the belt(s) will just slip.

If the inertia of the belt is great enough.....it can jump a pulley. I've had that happen on my Zero turn when I hit part of a hidden stump.

Glad you got it figured out. Back to mowing. (y)