Elder Care

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Well it’s definitely come to roost.

After her fall, mom wanted to give it some time to see if she would bounce back.

I agreed to that Friday afternoon while there.

She went to the hospital very early this morning.

Fracture in pelvis and shoulder.

Thankfully didn’t let it go any longer.
Wishing her the best in a full and speedy recovery.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My mom has passed, so my dad lives by himself. He was having some issues with passing out (ended up getting a pacemaker). We got him a life alert so if he falls, we know about and can head right over (He lives less than a mile from us and from my sister.) Since the pacemaker, his health has improved dramatically, yet that is relative to the fact that he is in his late 70s and age/life has taken a toll on his body.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Living an hour away is going to be a problem. The reality is that you folks are at the stage they need supports and an advocate. Someone will have to sell their home and there needs to be some serious lifestyle changes for everyone involved with their care. You need to have that hard conversation with them now.

Everyone thinks they will pass away quietly in their sleep but in reality the last 5 years of life really sucks for most people with declining physical and cognitive abilities.

Do yourself a favour and make sure the wills and PoA's for health and property are up to date. If the folks have multiple people acting as PoA or Executor expect a sh*tshow when appointed siblings are long distance and have to be physically present and unanimous on all decisions. Your parents need to appoint someone who is reliable and they should also appoint alternates in case that appointee is unable to do the job.

Reactions: 1 users