Daughter Missing

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Man, just read this post for the first time. What a bummer. I'm sorry to hear of your situation with your daughter. Prayer's to you and your family for a quick and positive outcome to this.

Family is EVERYTHING.

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
Daughter is back....kinda

I know I let this drop after my daughter was found in Long Island, NY. Her "boyfriend's" family made their way down and found them at my daughter's online friend's house. They convinced them to come back and my daughter has been living with a friend in town since then. That's probably for the best as none of us are at our best right now and we need some time to digest this whole situation.

She is safe and we have a temporary restraining order against her "boyfriend". It seems as though he has convinced her that for all of his BS she's the only one for him. I never knew intelligent girls could be so easily fooled, but she was.

We haven't really talked since she's been back, but we talked with someone today who has her confidence and we have a better picture of what we face.

Unfortunately I've seen this story play out in my late sister's life and it doesn't lead to a happy ending. My sister was smart enough to leave the bum, but only after 4 children and a very unhappy life. She died 4 years ago from cancer. Luckily her children were all grown, but the youngest has learning problems and the permanent intelligence of a 15 year old.

For all talks we've had with my daughter to try to avoid this kind of thing, she wants to live in a fantasy world. As a sign in my late cousin's junk yard business says. "Hire a teenager, while they still know everything."

Everything else has yet to be determined as far as legalities go, so I can't say anything more on that matter.

I hope I have answered some questions. I know there are probably a few people here who will have a hard time understanding this, and I can't fully understand everything myself. That's life.

Thank you for all of your prayers and concern. May God Bless you all.

Last edited:

Mountaindoc

Equipment
M6800
May 8, 2010
Blackey, KY
You're doing the best you can. Hang in there. Glad she is safe. I heard a doctor once say that "adolescence is schizophrenia with a good prognosis".

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Re: Daughter is back....kinda

Hi Slim,

I'm glad to hear that your daughter is at least in a safe place now.

I never have been able to understand this but it always seems the girls that come from a family that loves them and is trying to do what best for them are the ones that let themselves get fooled by little punks like what led your daughter astray.

At 17, Her intelligence is the problem. She thinks she is smarter than you and that she knows what is best. I pray for your sake that she will grow out of that before she messes her life up by really doing something stupid. We're still pulling for you and I hope everything works out for the best.