BX Drive Over Deck

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Do you own a BX drive-over deck? If so, how do you like it? Is it worth the extra cost? I am old so I am looking for an alternative to keeping the ZTR just for mowing duties. Undercover space is at a premium in the winter when the wife wants to keep her car in the garage. Too many cars, not enough garage space. Too old to build another building just for storage.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I do not own one - but damn I feel your pain.

B7100 to remove the deck is a major undertaking - on the BX25 on concrete it is not so bad - but both are bulky and hard to align once placed back under.

Looking at this video - looks like the drive over is a PITA too!!!

WhatnxtBX

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 10, 2019
Lk Stevens, WA
I have one on my BX2380. Even with the drive-over, it takes a bit to get it positioned correctly to engage the front and rear hang points. Need to drop all of the wheels to the ground so that the deck does not move during RnR. Need to adjust height to engage the PTO shaft. All-in-all, not worth the extra money for me. Still lots of moving and adjusting to get it back on. The videos make it look simple, as it may be, but not for me.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Do you own a BX drive-over deck? If so, how do you like it? Is it worth the extra cost? I am old so I am looking for an alternative to keeping the ZTR just for mowing duties. Undercover space is at a premium in the winter when the wife wants to keep her car in the garage. Too many cars, not enough garage space. Too old to build another building just for storage.
Me thinks keeping the ZTR is your best option.
I LOVE my SCAG ZTR.
Perhaps I could free up another spot in one of my buildings, for your wife's car.
As Ernie Boch used to say.... "come on down"
Please bring two heavy duty card board boxes, when you come. ;)

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
I have a drive over deck for my b2601 and like others have mentioned you still have to get down on all four lean in to hook up attaching points and the driveshaft. I’m too old with spine issues so I am now using a Kubota 422 zero turn

Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Glad I didn’t upgrade when I bought my 1880. Didn’t know much of the difference except the cost At the time. Am assuming you still have to line it up, hook up the PTO drive, line up the lifter bars. Rolling it from the side works fine for me and my wallet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user