Burn Piles

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
These burn piles are pretty scary till the small stuff burns down, which doesn't take long at all once they are lit. Here are some pics, the one in the distance is about 30% larger than the one I am standing in front of. Of course a pic of the Kubota, it's always running and ready for action when one gets lit.:D

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Thats alot of damn brush boss! That L3410 of your's has been busy working its ass off. I think she deserves a cigarette and a beer after all that!

Sam427

Equipment
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
Thats alot of damn brush boss! That L3410 of your's has been busy working its ass off. I think she deserves a cigarette and a beer after all that!
I gave her all new oil and filters the other week.:D It's amazing what you can do with that tractor. I made this big heavy duty rake with spikes in it. I drag and drop near the piles and my help throws it in, then I back up to the small stuff and push it in, leaves most of the dirt out of the piles. I've burnt those two piles and two more just as big in the last month. The place was a jungle to start with, then I had all the trees cut except the big oaks and cedar, it was a huge mess. I've moved allot of dirt with it too, I have done some major landscaping on that lot.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How high did the flames go?????????
THat is one big fire log. :D :D
Good work.

Sam427

Equipment
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How high did the flames go?????????
THat is one big fire log. :D :D
Good work.

The flames were up over the tree tops, and the embers even higher, that is what is so scary. The embers kinda go away after 30 minutes or so, they get really hot and burn the small stuff pretty quick.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Perhaps maybe you should have dug a burm and pushed the brush into a pit and had a pit burn. That helps keep it contained so it will not get so out of control.

Sam427

Equipment
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
Perhaps maybe you should have dug a burm and pushed the brush into a pit and had a pit burn. That helps keep it contained so it will not get so out of control.

That was considered, but it would have required at least three pits to keep the dragging distance within reason. Plus, with all those stumps it is a pain in the butt even moving the debris to the piles. That lot is about 300 foot wide and about 750 foot deep.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
We had a pile we burned when I was in high school many many years ago. It had been stacking up for years while we cut wood for all of our stoves for winter heat in Iowa. When we lit that pile the flames were visible for 7 miles. :eek: :eek: :eek:
In the rolling hills of southeastern Iowa that is saying something. Of course the fire dept was called from a neighboring county and people started showing up to help put the fire out. LOL :D :D :D

Dad would probably have shot someone if they put that fire out. :D

Sam427

Equipment
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
We had a pile we burned when I was in high school many many years ago. It had been stacking up for years while we cut wood for all of our stoves for winter heat in Iowa. When we lit that pile the flames were visible for 7 miles. :eek: :eek: :eek:
In the rolling hills of southeastern Iowa that is saying something. Of course the fire dept was called from a neighboring county and people started showing up to help put the fire out. LOL :D :D :D

Dad would probably have shot someone if they put that fire out. :D
LOL!!! I know what you mean, too hard to get them started sometimes, sure don't want it put out. The last one I set off, I had a neighbor from down the road come driving up to see what was going on.:D

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Hard Hat for widow makers/Safety Glasses for pokers (eye)...... just fyi

Be safe out there ;)