b7200hst will not go forward or reverse

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
I could possibly be that the foot pedal is just slipping on the shaft. Could you give us some history about this tractor. Is it a recent purchase, or have you been using this tractor for some time? Has there been any recent repairs or maintenance? Also, check the 4WD and high-low selector to insure it's in gear.

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Repairing HST control rod

Mine broke a few years back and I was able to jamb a screw driver in to operate the tractor enough to get it onto my trailer and haul it to the dealer. They wanted to charge me at least $1500 to split the tractor to remove and replace the rod. I told them to forget it and that I was going to take it home and cut a hole in the side to get tools in to remove the rod and weld it up myself. At first they said that it could not be done but had another mechanic look at it. He agreed with me and said they would try my method. They did it and only cut a 1" hole which was smaller than what I probably would have cut. I think the whole job was under $200. I would have done it myself in the first place but I was a considerable distance from home and the dealer was close. I can take a picture of the rubber plug that they covered the hole with that gives the location if you like.