B7100D - Transmission stuff

rjorgens

Equipment
B7100D
Jul 2, 2009
Greenbank, Washington
Hi,
I have a question, but here is the long story leading up to it:

I have an old B7100D Kubota, with a loader and brush cutter attached. My first issue was the transmission stuck in gear - I could not move the shift lever. I took the top cover off the transmission, and discovered that the shift lever had popped out of the slot in the forks. I fixed this. I had no gasket, so I sealed it back up with permatex. I had some trouble getting the forks back in the right places on the gears when I reassembled, but I figured that out and it now shifts fine.

But now i have a leak when I raise the brush cutter. When I took the transmission top cover off, I had to remove four bolts holding down a right angle bracket, that attached the top cover back to a part of the tranny under the seat. The 2 bolts that screwed into the top cover were dead ended - just fasteners. But the two back bolts go into another cover under the seat. These are large 2 inch bolts (took a 17mm to get them out), they turned out to go through that cover and are expected to seal - fluid gushes out of them when I raise the brush cutter. I don't see how they sealed in the first place - they just have lock washers on them. I also took out the 2 bolts holding the seat hinge - these are the same size, and also will leak fluid.

All 4 of these bolts hold down a cover that I have now disturbed the gasket on, and won't re-seal even when I permatex them and tighten them hard. I think I need to remove this back cover and put a new gasket on it - but the cover seems stuck - I don't want to force it. Is his the pump for the rear lift bars?

How do I get this off, and get it to re-seal?

Thanks,
Ron

rjorgens

Equipment
B7100D
Jul 2, 2009
Greenbank, Washington
follow up - looking at the parts/blowup's, the cover I'm looking at looks like oil pressure group 2 - looks like the o ring might be shot? Also, I'm missuing some sealing washers for the bolts....