B6100 Bush Hog?

MahalKo

Equipment
B6100D
Jan 7, 2010
Columbus, OH
I have a B6100 DT. I'm looking for a rough cutter (aka: Bush hog).

What is the recommended cutter for this tractor? The most common one I've seen (used) is the King Kutter 4840, although it weighs ~420#. I can get a KK-48" for around $450 and continue to use it , if I move to a larger tractor.

My second option is the Woods RCC42 (350 LBS), but my cost is $960.00

Is anybody using the King Kutter 48" model. Will my tractor lift it? I recently replaced the piston ring and seals on the 3ph, so my lift is fully functional.

Also, why is the low pto speed listed as 514rpm instead of 540? Is the 514 a typo in the literature or was there some reason that Kubota made these tractors with an odd pto speed?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I would say the King Kutter would be a good cutter but it will be a load.

My brother had a B 7500 DT and with a cheap light weight cutter on it I could grab his grill guard and lift the front tire of the ground with no problem. I don't know what the weight was but I feel like it was less than what you listed for the woods cutter.

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
I would be concerned about running the 4foot hog with only 12pto hp. If its rough terrain I would want to put some weight on the front as well, just to keep the front wheels on the ground.

I am new to the small tractors, but I have used an 8 footer on a 50hp case tractor and popped wheelies, didn't break anything but needed to change my shorts.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I've got a B6100E and I've ran a 4ft Woods bushhog behind mine with out any problems. I do have suite case weights on the front end to keep things balanced. Alot of manufactures are making equipment better suited to sub compact tractors. I know Woods, Landpride and King Kutter all make a wide range of toys for sub compacts.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
You should be fine. I have 3 weights on my front end as well, I cant remember if mine are 55 or 75lbs

Amishkingpin

Equipment
B7100 HST with FEL,Tiller,Rotary Mower and Box grader
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
MahalKo,

I recently bought a King Kutter 48'' Rotary mower(AKA Bush Hog). It lifts very easy on my B7100 which is just slightly bigger than your B6100 DT. I checked with my Kubota dealer and they told that the tractor could handle a bigger mower and weight.

Like we all know, the weight in front seems to make a difference when countering the load on the 3 pt lift. I think I got a good buy on this KK mower for $300 since it is only 2 years old with little rust.

Good luck on your purchase!
AK(Fellow Columbus OTT fan)

Attachments

KSpainhour

Apr 25, 2010
Roaring River, NC
Hello,
I have a king kutter 48" that i use behind a b7100hst. It is a load, but the tractor seems to have enough hp to run it. Even with the FEL on the tractor it is a little light in the front end at times. (steep hills). If the cutter is bogging down, just drive slower:)

Before I bought the king kutter, I was looking at a howse (cheap) bushog. A friend talked me out of it and I am glad he did. With the heavy sides on the king cutter, It is stout enough to back over small trees and bump into rocks and stumps with no problem. If I had bought one with thin sheet metal sides it would have been bent up long ago.

Take Care,
Keith

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The only time a cheap cutter is any good is when you are trying to sell a tractor and want it to seem more appealling for a buyer. Other than that it will be a total disapointment as well as a waste of your money.