B Series Backhoe ?

logan

Equipment
Kubota B7800 w?fel
Jan 7, 2010
US
B series Backhoe , I have heard about 4 point QA & QA w/ full mount sub frame w/ appropriate loader.One dealer rep told me they will not sell any 3 point backhoes implements. Can someone please enlighten me with the different choices. What would be the best fit for a 2005 B7800? Thanks in advance for all replies.

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
I have a B9200 with a full subframe & backhoe. Very heavy duty. I would not advise buying a 3-point backhoe attachment. Those are known to cause chassie fractures.

Mingy

Equipment
L3010 backhoe FEL, B2300, M9000
Jul 27, 2010
Ontario
I have a Kubota 3 point hoe with the subframe, etc., on my L3010. I used to have a Case loader backhoe as well. Needless to say, there is a big difference! Nonetheless, I have had no frame related troubles, etc., with my hoe. I assume the Kubota engineers know what they are doing and match the stresses, etc., to the actual tractor and subframe (or vice versa), so I would not expect any such issues. A more generic hoe on the same tractor may cause problems, however, because it may not have been as well matched.

Now, a hoe is a very useful attachement. Beats the heck out of a pick and shovel!

Still its clearly a lighter duty piece of kit. If I were using it professionally, I would probably find it inadequate. Then again, I wouldn't suggest using an ag tractor for excavating if I were doing that for a living. I could do stuff with my Case that I couldn't dream of with my 3010 and backhoe - including leaving 4" grooves in my lawn ...

logan

Equipment
Kubota B7800 w?fel
Jan 7, 2010
US
B series Backhoe , I have heard about 4 point QA & QA w/ full mount sub frame w/ appropriate loader.One dealer rep told me they will not sell any 3 point backhoes implements. Can someone please enlighten me with the different choices. What would be the best fit for a 2005 B7800? Thanks in advance for all replies.

were any upgrades made to the frame of the newer B series? Is the sub frame part of the BH attachment or is that part of the tractor frame. How about the seat? Do the newer models have a swivel seat? How would a seat work on the older models 2005 w/ the BH attachment?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The 4672 or 4690 are both 3pt backhoes that Kubota makes. I bought a 4672 for my B7100 (after breaking my woods frame mount hoe) and it was a little to heavy for this tractor. After trading it for my L 3000 I had to install a new top bar and the 2 support arms and it then fit my L model. It works fine but is not as strong as a frame mounted hoe. I have never had any problems with mine but I try my best to remember not to treat it like a real backhoe. After all, it's a 32 hp Kubota not a 416 Cat backhoe. As far as the seat goes. Mine has a seat mounted on the backhoe which fits in between the Rops upright arms. When you are operating it you have to fold the tractor seat up and let the hoe seat down and sit between the Rops. It's a little tight for a fat man but it works.