After Market lights.

axeman87

Equipment
Kubota L2002DT
Oct 30, 2015
Fort St John, BC, CANADA
Hi. on my L2002DT Years ago I installed a lightbar on the top of ROPS and two small LEDs facing backwards for snow blowing. I had it all wired to a on off switch but that looks ugly and i don't need the back lights on all the time.
I'm no electrical wizard, can I use the stock light switch to turn on light bar and reverse lights. So basically, have one toggle light bar and other toggle light bar and reverse lights>? It's an off - on - on switch?

Attachments

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I believe you’ll be happier…and it’ll be simpler…to have a dedicated switch for the lightbar…. instead of hazarding your OEM switch and possibly overloading/overheating it.

Also, it’s unlikely the fuse and wire will be of sufficient amperage to accommodate the addt’l electrical load. Lightbars typically draw 10 Amps on their own. You should install an inline fuse to protect your new lightbar, switch, and associated wiring. IMO

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi. on my L2002DT Years ago I installed a lightbar on the top of ROPS and two small LEDs facing backwards for snow blowing. I had it all wired to a on off switch but that looks ugly and i don't need the back lights on all the time.
I'm no electrical wizard, can I use the stock light switch to turn on light bar and reverse lights. So basically, have one toggle light bar and other toggle light bar and reverse lights>? It's an off - on - on switch?
You would need to have the factory switch output run a relay to drive the added lights.
It's fairly simple to do.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I use a 4 chnl RF relay unit (<$20), 'A' controls GDO, 'C' front LED lights. 2 spares. Key fob hangs on 'cruise control' rod. Easy access unless wearing snow mitts. Power from back left OEM barrel connenctors, RCVR in baggie,tyrapped inside where SMV sign mounts.