Trying To Identify Tiller To Buy Parts

biteme

Equipment
tilling
Mar 10, 2013
Sedgefield,NSW,Australia
Hi guys

Newbie to the forum and Kubota products.

I have a tiller that my father in-law has just purchased but I can not find an ID plate or even a sticker telling me what this is.

Looking around this forum I have a feeling it maybe Kubota or Yanmar not sure though.

I need to replace the universal joints in the PTO drive shaft and the local bearing companies can't match the joint and say I need to go OEM.:confused:

Any help much appreciated.

Biteme

Attachments

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
It looks like pictures of grey market Yanmar tillers I have seen.

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
Yep - it is one of the RS series Tillers. Looks just like my RS1351 Tiller. You probably would be better off replacing the pto shaft completely rather than replacing the universal joints. I ran into the same problem. It was easier for me to replace the pto shaft - I got one a little longer as well and cut it to length after I extended the lift arms to set back a little farther back away from the tractor wheels. I love the job that I get tilling up the soil - also I get a little deeper than with other tillers. Good Luck getting her operational !!!

Rezzey

Equipment
B1600dt
Oct 11, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Aviator,

I bought a B1600dt and it came with what appears to be a rs1351 tiller (by other photos- no lables or stickers). I know i need to get a Pto shaft and cut it down but it also tried to just hook it up to the 3pl to see how it attaches. It seems that its way too close to the tractor (like hits wheels i think close). I read on a post that you 'extended' the lower lift arms to push it back futher. How did you manage this? Any pics?

Also did you use a solid top link bar as ive read somewhere by Service Dept Vic that the top link may need to be a hinged top link assembly rather than a single bar.

Im new to this tractory thing and am keen to plow some vegi patches :)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Do you have a local shop that builds drivelines? I had to repair my batwing and the local shop had everything I needed for way less money than the dealer wanted.

Rezzey

Equipment
B1600dt
Oct 11, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Thanks bulldog,
Wouldnt have the slightest clue about any manufacturers of drivelines let alone dealers down here in Melbourne. But ill start the hunt for one

I managed to wiggle the lower arms on to the tiller pins but its tight... the bend in the lower arms rubs on the chassis of the tractor its so tight... it works but it also doesnt lift high at all (even with the adjustable links set as high throws as possible along the lower arms).

Be lucky to get the tiller up off level ground 100mm. Not fun driving over pot holes watching the tiller jacknife at its vertical limit when it bottoms out. Gonna grab a short solid top link and see if that sorts the height issue.
Picked up a cheap second hand pto shaft so gonna chop that when i guess i figure out this height problem. Fun fun!

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
If that was a Kubota tiller, then someone has done a hack job of modifying it to 3 point hookup. Originally there was a special bracket, that attaches to the bottom of the tractor, much narrower than a 3 point mount. Maybe Coach can help you with a site search, for the threads that have the pictures in question, I know I have seen that tiller, here before, IIRR...:D:D

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Rezzey, if nothing else contact a truck parts place or garage that works on tractor trailers. Either of those should be able to tell you where to have drive lines made. If you have truck drivers at some point in time one of them has twisted their drive line out and needed repair.

The shop I use builds for everything from farm equipment to Peterbilts. Maybe you'll get lucky and have somewhere close that can help you out.

Keep us posted.

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
Rezzey - I extended the lower lift points about 8 inches forward using 3" x 3/8" steel flat bar. I welded the extensions in place and reversed the lift pins from pointing in to pointing out. I purchased a new pto shaft and cut it down to fit. I can use it without further modifications, but can't lift with the pto engaged as it is missing the special bracket for the top link, so it will bind the pto shaft if I lift with it engaged. I may make one in the near future, but for now I just use a short top link arm. I have several modifications that I want to make, just not enough time. Hope this helps.