L245DT PTO Loses Power Under Load

nathanbratt

Equipment
L245 DT
Feb 9, 2013
graff, mo
Well guys, it is finally fixed. It was definitely the internal PTO clutch that was bad. I found a used one on Ebay that came out of an L185 for $90 (costs $1500 new from Kubota). It took two full days to get the loader off, drain all the fluids, split the tractor, and then put it all back together. I did a regular service on the whole tractor while i was at it. The tractor was very easy to split, the two halves came apart with no problems. Once opened, the PTO clutch was the only right there just waiting to be slid off the shaft. I took it out and slid on the new one and put it back together. She works like a charm now. Hooked up my PTO driven wood chipper and she chewed right through a 4 inch limb. If anyone ever has this issue and would like some information on the procedure, feel free to ask.

Attachments

mtnhigh

Equipment
1980 305-DT 4X4 w/1720 FEL & 72" Gannon
Dec 20, 2012
Mountain Center,CA USA
Congratulations, thought you fell off the edge of the world,its been awhile. Looks good, I guess I need to take time to repair my own PTO. Ahh- to be young again. What a great deal on the PTO clutch, and what a great web site too!!!!