Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
maj_primate
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B6100 HST
Default B6100 mid PTO oil seal replacement

Hey all- I'm going to replace the mid PTO oil seal tomorrow on my B6100Hste. Anything I shoud be looking out for? My plan-drain hydraulic fluid,remove plate around pto,replace gasket, replace seal,replace cover,add an oem metal pto cover which was missing,and new filter-fill er up with fresh fluid. I assume you press in seal from the back of the case cover. Sound about right? Tom
maj_primate is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
hodge

Journeyman

Equipment: B7100 HST 4WD, Bobcat 743 skidsteer, 94 Dodge Ram diesel, 99 Honda TRX 300 4wd
Default Re: B6100 mid PTO oil seal replacement

Sorry, maj_primate, I have no idea. But, if you take pictures while you work, that could be beneficial to the next person in line doing it.
Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
lsmurphy
Journeyman

Equipment: B7001

Yeah Tom, that sounds about right.

Pics please.
lsmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
maj_primate
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B6100 HST

Well it was easier than expected. The seal is pressed from the outside. I loosend the seal with a very small screw driver and tack hammer(think eye glass screws)and then took a 1/4" wood chisel , got it under the lip, gave it a twist and it popped right out. used the tack hammer and small piece of wood to set the new one.
I changed the fluid of course and the filter was dated by who ever did it last--Aug 8,2005.
That's a long time, but I must say the old fluid was not in bad shape. The guy I bought it from said he had owned it for a year and a half and hadn't put 20 hours on it and he got it in a trade for a boat from his buddy down the block who had owned it for 7 and rarely used it. Well, one thing for sure, won't be sittin around any more. I plan on giving it plenty of exersize.

Last edited by maj_primate; 01-19-2013 at 11:04 PM.
maj_primate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #5
DJPatto
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B6200HST-D Slasher, Grader, Ripper
Thumbs up Re: B6100 mid PTO oil seal replacement

That's good to know Tom. I just got a 6200 myself and have been fixing little things before they become a problem. I may even come across this one some time in the future.
DJPatto is offline   Reply With Quote