Help required with wheel & tyre size/fitment.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi can any assist with a wheel/tyre size problem I'm having with my B6000.
The tractor came with agri tyres , Fr 5x12 and RR 7x14 but i also aquired a second set of wheels with new bridgestone "farm service " tyres, size are: FR 6x12 and RR 7x14 , but they look odd to be honest and the tractor bonnet sits high now.
Maybe becuase the rear tyres are to low or small or the fronts are to big or both, can any help me out with this, maybe I need turf tyres and if so what is the biggest size of wheel and tyre combo i can fit to a B6000.
some pics attached

thanks
rob

Attachments

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
It's extremely important that you keep the lead ratio right when fitting tires on any four wheel drive. If the front tires get bigger you must increase the rear size as well or you WILL break gears in your front end! I don't recommend larger than stock tires on the B5000 and B6000 because 1st and reverse are already too fast for the power, especially when using a tiller. lots of people running bigger tires though and they think it's alright!
Ed

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
As eserv stated about, it is not wise to increase tire size on just one axle on a 4WD. The 5-12 has a rolling circumfrence of 62" where as a 6-12 is 70". The added circumfrence will bind up your front end if not cause damage. The 5-12 diameter is 20.8" and the 6-12 is 22.7, so your front end will set up 2" higher by going up one tire size. If you increase the front size, you must also increase the rears to maintain your rolling circumfrence ratio.

I should add, that these figures are an example what changing tire sizes can do to throw off your rolling circumfrence. The figures for your exact tire can and will vary. But this information should be available from any tire dealer who sells your particular brand, or you may be able to find it on-line. Also, on most of the smaller tractors there is not going to be enough room between the rear tires and the fenders to increase tire size.

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
many thanks for the replies guys, so its all in the tyre size in this case then as both sets of wheels are the same, 12" &14" .
What is the best way to go then, I dont want to use the agri tyres at the moment as it will chew up my lawns at this time of year so turf of similar is needed. Should i go for larger rear tyres, or will i need to get larger rims aswell to account for the difference .
Any one know what the correct size wheels should be for this model.
my info says :
Front tire: 4.00-9
Rear tire: 7.00-16

but thats nothing like mine unless there were year/model mods during the production run.

thanks
rob

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
When switching from ag tires (A1) to turfs (R3), it usually is also necessary to switch out the rims with a wider size. Since ag tires are much narrower than the turf type tires. There are similar sizes if switching from industrials tires (R4) to turfs, since the industials are also wider than the ag tires. Regardless of what tires you are planning on running, remember to keep your rolling circumfrence as close to original as you can. Hopefully there is someone out here that still has OEM turfs on their tractor and will let you know what the correct tire size would be.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi Rob
There were 3 B6000 models a B6000, a B6000E and a B6000E-T
The tire sizes respectively were 6-12 and 7-16, 400-9 and 7-16, 20 x800-10 and 27 X 850-15. The B6000E-T I assume is turf tires.
The tractor is slightly slower with the turf tires.
Ed

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
ths for the info, all these sizes does my head in:eek: , i probably get there in the end;) might take years to work it all though:(

rob

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
thanks for that Ed, looks like I'll be needing the 20 x800-10 and 27 X 850-15 then for my application. problem now is that i'll be different wheels again for those size tyres.

do you know of any other kubota or similar wheels that will work.

thanks
rob

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
thanks for that Ed, looks like I'll be needing the 20 x800-10 and 27 X 850-15 then for my application. problem now is that i'll be different wheels again for those size tyres.

do you know of any other kubota or similar wheels that will work.

thanks
rob
Here are a couple of spec pages from Titan Tire. Both turf sizes are still available and it even tells you what width rim you should use.

http://www.titanstore.com/info/474318
http://www.titanstore.com/info/4SR348GY

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The clue is in the turf tire sizes I gave you. Because the first number in turf tire size indicates inflated tire diameter, the proper ratio is 20 to 27. As long as you maintain that ratio (or very close) you can use whatever tire fits.
Ed

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
The clue is in the turf tire sizes I gave you. Because the first number in turf tire size indicates inflated tire diameter, the proper ratio is 20 to 27. As long as you maintain that ratio (or very close) you can use whatever tire fits.
Ed
And just to add to what Ed said, the rolling circumfrence the ratio would also be 1.35. Ed used the circumference to determine the ratio 27/20=1.35. If I remember correctly, when I was attempting to swap tires from turf to industrials on a B6100, I determined the rolling circumfrence ratio was 1.34. So Ed is exactly right. If you only want to replace the front tires, then determine the rolling circumfrence of your rear tires, then divide by 1.35 and that is the rolling circumfrence of the front tires you should look for. And again, more than likely you will need to buy wider rims for the turf tires. Hope this all helps.

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
thanks for all that info guys, its slowly sunk in;)...
But another problem has reared its head, wheels or should that be, lack off them.
Having established what tyres sizes are required and that I have a B6000DT machine , I'm still running the wrong size wheels with my agri tyre setup.
12 x6 on the front and 7 x14 on the rear and all the data i come up with says they should be 7/8 x 16. I have trawled everywhere within the uk and cannot find any full stop for sale, with or without rubber.

Now then, any of you very clever bods outthere know if any other 16" wheels from simliar kubot's will fit.

lookforward to your info again guys.

rob

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
I know the B6100 had 7-16 rears.

I did a little searching, and found out the B5100, B6100 and B7100 all had 7-16 rears. There are probably others as well, but these I found reference too on-line.

Looking into it a little further, the B6200, B7200, etc, looks like they came with a bigger tire, (8-16) but still would have had a 16 inch rim.

Last edited:

Roboden

Equipment
B5100DT
Dec 4, 2009
Collegeville, PA
Interesting thread - I'm looking to swap from turf to R1 ag tires on an older b5100dt. While the rear 7.00-16 has some availability in R1 adn R3 ag, I've had no hits on an 4.00-9 ag tire of any style. I'm puzzled as to where the pictures came from that show this tractor with the front ag tires. As far as I can see, Kubota home site does not provide manufacture data for reccomended tires, and our only hope is on one of these forums.

I've been from Carslile to Titan, as sell as India and China - the China sites want me to order some 'quantity' so thats no good either.

Bound to be someone out there who has a line of these small ag tires. We appreciate the effort.

Thanks,

Rob

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
4.00-9 ribbed tires are available, maybe you could get by without lug tires in the front since finding a lug tire in that size is going to be tough. You said you have tried the China market, that is all I have found as well.

http://jihangsale.en.made-in-china.com/product/PqMnjgpJaHWi/China-Agricultural-Tyre-400-9.html

http://www.tradeindia.com/Seller-25...yres-Tubes/Weifang-Jihang-Rubber-Co-Ltd-.html

http://www.ecvv.com/product/1000007094.html

Another option would be to change the size of the front rims and tires but maintain the rolling circumference ratio as mentioned earlier in this thread. Measure the circumference of your existing front tire and see if you can find an 8" or 10" tire with a similar circumference. They are not all the same do to different profiles of the tires. I think you would have an easier time finding an 8" or 10" lug tire. Of course that means you would end up buying both tires and rims then for the front.

Here is a place in Oregon that is for Yanmar tires. They list a 4.00-9 but I don't know if it is a lug tire or not.

http://www.best-used-tractors.com/tractor_tires/tractor_tires.html

Last edited:

Roboden

Equipment
B5100DT
Dec 4, 2009
Collegeville, PA
Great info guys, but this is my 'sneeky' tractor used to get into small places, so I paid a small price for it.... needless to say this is getting way to complicated just to load up a new set of more appropriate tires.... I'm getting real tempted to get the front tires in the rib as suggested, and take a sawsall to them to get a lug on them, or even just putting 2 link v bar chains on front and rear for traction - I'm just leary of breaking a chain and having it hammer out something else.

Anyone have the Bridgestone 4.00-9 front ag tire ID ? I can't get anything to come up on the Bridgestone site on those. I really want to put on a matched R1 ag set.

I'm not desperate, just want to get the best solution lined up. I have 3 other small tractors that do the work, just the b5100dt would be nice to have better pulling/pushing traction as a 4wd than my old Wheel Horse 953 or 520H or Simplicity 7990 all in 2wd do with a good set of R1 Ag tires....

4WD and no (appreciable) traction is just such a waste - these turf tires make no sense on a working 4wd tractor.

Thanks again for the research and info.

Roboden

Roboden

Equipment
B5100DT
Dec 4, 2009
Collegeville, PA
Vic, I concur on the front specs indicating the 4.50x10 ag, so I (re) checked the front tire(s) and size (turf) is 18x6.50-8.

My shortsightnedness shows when I did not check/write down rear size when I went out to check, but since the rear are turf's also, and when in 4wd the tractor pulls fine without any of the herkey-jerky you get with mismatched sizes, I assumed rear is correct turf size.

Arrg - I hate the 3 different tire systems, the uniqueness of the small ag tires and their general lack of availability. My 45 year old WH 953 had 4 new tires just jump on there with 10 seconds of research...... all Goodyear's.

I'm starting to wonder if the useful stout quality of the Kubota will be minimized by the lack of common wear parts availability. I can fab a lot of parts in my shop (lathe, mill, shaper, welder, furnace/forge/castings, brake, shear) but simple tires are killing me here.

I'll have to re-inventory the tire/wheel sizes over the winter and re-evaluate this ag tire conversion. It may be that I'll just bide my time and keep an open ear for any parts or breaker peices that solve the issue a lot cheaper than new wheels and tires on a older machine I did not pay a lot for.

I appreaciate time, effort, and information from all the forum members.

Thanks,

Roboden

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....

Attachments

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hi all
here's an update on my searches for suitable combinations.

i've discovered that the rear wheels from a B1410/1610 will work as they have the correct pilot hole and bolt spacing etc, they are a 8" rim aswell so not overly to wide to sap all the B6000's power.
I saw them on ebay , made some critical spec check and they seem to be ideal. they are 16" for ags or 15" for turfs .
Kubota spec the rims with a 212/80D15 tyre which is close to a 27x850x15 .
on the basis of they had only just been listed i used the buy it now, and since i'd given up looking for wheels by last night it seemed like a plan.

so tyre option are good for these rims, just need to find some fronts.

unless i can get away with my 6x12 farm service tyres on the front with the 27" turfs on the backnow, will it work out .

heres a link to the rims i bought last night.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130227046573&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

rob

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
still on this subject guys and its doing my head in to be honest.
having now aquired the rear rims as in my post above i've now discovered this info.
Link: http://en.yenibiz.com/achat/produit_details.php?id=17

now as prev mention i allready have a set of 12" front rims with a new pair of these bridgestone 6.00-12 FD's fitted and was under the impression i could not use them, but they do appear to be ok to use provided i get the rears sizing correct.

Now then the details from bridgestone, they have a very good size chart etc with all the details you would ever need, well allmost.
the 6.00-12 FD's are as follows in the following link , check out page 3 and look down to FD 6-12"

http://www.bridgestone.ie/upload/album/AP_982.pdf

then scroll down the chart to FD9.5-16" , which will fit my new rear rims.

now taken all those specs they list for size/dia etc, will both these now make a suitable setup for my 4WD B6000.

or Have i still missed something.

cheers all
Rob