I've solved the anti-clock pto issue on my B6000, well for me anyway...

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hi guys,
I started another small project a few days ago whilst messing about with my B7100 gauge install, and i solved a long standing issue with my B6000, that pesky anti-clockwise pto rotation.

I was thinking about how best to be able to utilize all my implements and be able to use them on all my kubotas, not a big issue you may think as my 2 B7100 have a normal rotation pto, but i cant use the topper logsplitter etc on my b6000 due to that pesky pto issue.
I did breifly have a nice hub city reverser, thinking i wouldnt use it much , i sold it:mad: .
Anyway, i was looking at the allmost new spare B7001 rear end i have in the garage, then started comparing the assebly with the b6000 unit, looks to be a possible donor if ever there was.

I bit the bullet and split the rear of the b6000 with the expectation of a major incompatability, and can you believe it,, no nasty surprises at all.

I was really surprised at the ease of the job, the B7001 rear end just slid on perfectly.
I retained the engine drive shaft & coupling that was allready on the b6000 which fitted perfectly onto the 7001 output shaft, i changed the Uj on the fwd output shaft at the gearbox end , not due to fitment problems , moreso becuase i had a better spare item.

Hooked all the linkages etc backup and hydraulic lines, job allmost done.:D:)

just need to refill the back end with new oil and jobs a good one, I now have a great little B6000 with a normal rotation PTO, and a much better condition rear end as a bonus,
whooppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i can now hook up all my bits to all my kubotas etc, no messing about with that old pesky b6000 rear pto setup.

pics coming shortly.

Reactions: 1 user

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Sounds like a perfect solution.....except now there's going to be a run on B7001 rear ends.:D
Well done!

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Great Job!! I'm always impressed by the willingness to pull that first bolt out of the tractor beginning such a wild-as*ed project! To have it all work must be a thrill!!
Now all you need is a fire sale on a B6000 with a destroyed rear end! Of course, then you'll have the reverse PTO problem again...

yorkb6000

Equipment
76' kubota b6000
Aug 27, 2012
york,pa
hi
i am new to this site and to my new to me b6000. is the b7001 a model that was sold in the us.did you change the trans and rear or just the rear.did you have any fit-ment issues with things like fenders controls,wheels,etc....sounds like a better way to go than a pto reverser.....thanks for the info:)

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Thanks for the replies guys, you should have realised by now that i like a challange;):)

Anyway, to answer the last question, No the B7001 is not a US model, you will find them scattered all over the place in numerous countries, but they are a "JDM " model.
Closer spec wise to a B6000/7000 than anything else, some parts also similar to B6100/7100 etc but not eveything.

To make life as simple as possible i swaped over the complete rear end, not inc the fenders thoughts as i put my b6000 back on , the fitments are the same for most of the smaller B series upto a point, just the fenders vary a bit.

The rear end had all the brake ass etc fitted all i had to do was reconect the relavant linkages, and the few bits in my first thread .
It was just a straight swap around basically.

If you need more info let me know and i'll run through what i did .

thanks
rob

yorkb6000

Equipment
76' kubota b6000
Aug 27, 2012
york,pa
how is everything working now that you changed over.have you ran it.do you have any pics.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Thanks for the reply Vic, it is nice to know some of my mad ideas are of use to other kubota owners etc.:)

To be honest Vic, i am a bit of a mad ideas person, ask my friend and they will tell you i'm not afraid of just taking a leap of faith with an idea,I just have to do it:D:D

As a follow on i cant see why this cant be extended to other rear end assemblies, such as the B6100/7100, they share similar but not exact same castings and the output shaft's although may be slightly different in some respects , the actual spline section etc is the same.

I suspect B7000 is also a possible donor, main factor as above also the mounting section/bolts layouts on the gearbox to transmission tunnel joint.

A real bonus with the B7100 unit is the one-way clutch assembly on the PTO shaft, its not fitted in the 7001 but maybe in the 6100.

anyway, i have some more mad ideas in mind, just need to free up the time.

rob

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Yep, B6100 has the oneway clutch fitted on the pto shaft aswell.