Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
HUMPHEYDO

Equipment: BX25
Default bx25 front tire leaks

i have had this prob from the first month, i told the dealer he offered to put in a tube, for a price..... i have taken it in and the tire people took it off the rim cleaned it and sealed it but no deal still leaks. i thought it was the valve because it was leaking from there then i tightened it, now it leaks from the rim very slow leak but a leak all the same SIGH......... any advice before i tube it or shoot it. def a rim leak tho. second prob was the light switch hazzard lights or turn signal turn on ramdomly, took apart the switch top to bottom and cleaned every bit no prob now took about 30 min to clean.

Last edited by HUMPHEYDO; 06-10-2012 at 01:37 PM.
HUMPHEYDO is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
ipz2222
Journeyman

Equipment: L235
Default Re: bx25 front tire leaks

you could try one of the liquid tire sealers.
ipz2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Bulldog
Master Tech

Equipment: M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT

Like IPZ said, try some Slime in it. I use it all the time around the farm. Always seems to take more than what it says to use on the jug but if it stops the leak it's worth it. Works in tube type or tubeless just fine.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
Eric McCarthy

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: Kubota B6100E

Did you maybe rub the rim against something hard and put a kink it in a little bit? Another common problem too is dirt gets between the rim and the tire and causes air leaks as well.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:03 AM   #5
GWD
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M7040, L48, BX2200

BX front tire leaks are a common problem. Be sure to pump up the tire and spray it with soapy water to diagnose the leak(s). A lot of times it will leak through the sidewall on Kubota tires. Tubing it is the way to go for a permanent fix but Slime usually works too.

As for the lights - the dash switches are not waterproof. It is a common problem for the lights to flash or go on without using the switch. I disconnected mine and left them that way.
7.5' Howse 3PT disc, 88" Gearmore 4G4 box scraper, 4' box scraper, Gearmore GB85 blade, 6', 4' flail mowers, 6', 4' rototiller, 6', 4' Bush Hog mowers, HD subsoiler, Bearcat 70554 chipper, Bush Hog PHD w/ 12", 6" augers, Ford 101 3-bottom plow, 8' land leveler, 6' rake, 8' offset disc, lots of misc.
GWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:35 AM   #6
lreops

2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader

I came across this on another site, don't know whether it has any more info to help or not, but decide for yourself.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/s...54#post2887254

Ron

lreops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #7
Service Dept Vic

Equipment: B-5000

Ya, I was thining dirt and crap in the tire beat seating area too, but since the tire was broken down, cleaned and re-sealed that seems unlikley now.

I'd be inclined to think there may be some poirosity in the wheel at a weld; which alot of us have seen over the years on vehicles and equipment.

If the BX is still under waranty that would be covered.

If it's off basic warranty the easiest fix would be to Slime it or tube it.

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Service Dept Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
HUMPHEYDO

Equipment: BX25

WELL i guess i will slime it this was that way from the start, even after being broke down cleaned and resealed still leaks sigh..... thanks for the advice all. cant see shooting her yet still many good years to come
HUMPHEYDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
TripleR
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment

My dealer gave me a new tire wheel combination, first one also leaked, but the second is holding air after over three years.

I did not want tubes or slime.
TripleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
Kytim
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow

I bought a bottle of that green slime at a walmart a while back. Dont recall brand, maybe American something or other. Anyhow, the the fronts on my B7100 were originally on a Big ZTR of some sort that my nephew re-shod because the bar tread was tearing the sod up to much at his place. Free tires! Correct size!! Whoo hoo! But as would have it one would leak down fast, somehow after I put them on. It seemed to come right through the sidewall.

Half a bottle of that green gunk and a half hour of use later, I began to see small bubbles on the sidewall. I was ***very*** skeptical of its properties. Anyhow, after its chores were done for the night i parked the old girl so the leak was at the lowest point. Now three months later, it hasn't changed a PSI that I can tell. I will use this secret potion again. Its not real cheap but, in the whole scheme of things, certainly not expensive. About a third of the price of a tube. Best thing, I didn't have to take the front wheel weights off to take the wheel off to get it fixed with a tube. That takes me more than two hands for some reason. As I said I ^^^will^^^ use slime again.
Romans 10:13-15
B7100DT, B6000DT

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men. Col. 3:23
Kytim is offline   Reply With Quote