Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Gray Market & Zennoh

Gray Market & Zennoh Own a gray market Kubota? Not sure? Educate yourself and others on these commonly found and popular models.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
Wamagiibon
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L2000
Default How to change glow plugs

Posted earlier about L2000 not starting. I now suspect the glow plugs. Anyone know where they are and how to change them?
Thanks in advance
Wamagiibon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Stumpy
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L175
Default Re: How to change glow plugs

They're somewhere on the head. They should look like small posts sticking up with thumbscrews on top of a piece of bent uninsulated wire between each one. Pop the thumbscrews off and then take a wrench to the hex at the bottom of the plug and pop em off just like spark plugs.

"The Romans called one of their gods Saturn. We used the name for something more impressive."
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:09 AM   #3
Wamagiibon
1st Yr. Apprentice

Thanks
Will check soon as I get a chance but don't recall thumscrews. Could they be small bolts?
Nic
Old 05-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
Stumpy
4th Yr. Apprentice

Could be. They could look different on that model but I know quite a few use the same style plug and I don't see why they'd change them. Here's a picture of the type I'm familiar with. You can see the thumbscrew nut thingy I was talking about on the left threaded onto the glow plug's terminal.

"The Romans called one of their gods Saturn. We used the name for something more impressive."
Old 05-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
hodge

Journeyman

Equipment: B7100 HST 4WD, Bobcat 743 skidsteer, 94 Dodge Ram diesel, 99 Honda TRX 300 4wd

You have to be careful- they can be stuck pretty tight, and the last thing you want to do is break one off. When you put the new ones in, coat the threads with anti-sieze so that the next time, they will come out easier.
Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
hodge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
Wamagiibon
1st Yr. Apprentice

Nothing on the head that looks like the picture but along one side - same side as fuel lines - there are three "plug like things" connected by what I initially assumed was thin pipe but is more likely wire.
Guess it would be smart to buy the new ones to get a sense of how to get old off.
Is there a way to test (aside from indicator light) if its the plugs before I buy?
Old 05-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
Stumpy
4th Yr. Apprentice

Sure, it's easiest with a multimeter. The resistance across the plugs should be in the neighborhood of 5 ohms, if it's infinity then the plug is dead. Though occasionally you'll see one that reads normal cold but goes open when it heats up. You can also hook them up to a battery (one at a time should be fine) and see if they get hot.

Just make sure you're not mistaking the plugs for the injectors. Each injector has steel tubing running back to the injection pump on the right (from the seat) side of the engine as well as rubber tubing running to the fuel tank.

Last edited by Stumpy; 05-20-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
Wamagiibon
1st Yr. Apprentice

Went out to take picture to ensure its the glow plugs I am looking at. It is for sure. So will go about testing, hopefully tomorrow.
Sure appreciate the help.