boosted b6100

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnb6100

Equipment
woods rm48, 91 cummins,00 foreman,78bronco,86 4runner,88 bronco2
Mar 10, 2012
fayette county,tn
thank to a lil help from tony (boosted b7100) i finally finished my turbo on my b6100. it was so much easier than i was expecting. i did it in about 4 hours on my back porch in the dark with a stick welder, some scrap steel and a sawzall. and general hand tools. i was given the charger for free for some side work i did, the exhaust manifold was completely rotten so for 30 bucks a found a good used one. the rest of the build cost about 75 bucks for various fittings and hoses. im very pleased with the results!. i dont know how much boost it makes, but the charger is a lil big for tiny 3 popper. so if it makes 5psi id be gitty as a school girl. pics coming soon........

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Looking forward to the pics!!!!

johnb6100

Equipment
Mar 10, 2012
fayette county,tn
and thats the end of the pics. i for got to take pics of a few of the fab steps, i got caught up in working. enjoy!

Attachments

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Have any idea what the turbo originally came off of???

johnb6100

Equipment
Mar 10, 2012
fayette county,tn
i believe it could have come off a smaller bobcat skidsteer. but im not real sure. it has no markings or tags

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Something about a wolf in sheeps clothing er sumthin

johnb6100

Equipment
Mar 10, 2012
fayette county,tn
the performance is awsome. i dont have a gauge on it so im sure what kinda boost it makes but it kaint be much. its deffinetly a noticeable differance!

BoostedB7100

Equipment
B7100 Turbo, kubota auger, kubota tiller, woods blade, 48" mower
Feb 27, 2012
Scappoose, OR
Haven't been on here in a while. Man that turned out nice! Great job man! Did you turn up the injection pump at all?

kubota kid

Oct 30, 2009
michigan
oh yea! she rolls a lil coal!
John,
Iam intrested in , just how much , boost your getting from a turbo that's sized for a 50 hp diesel engine on an engine that's rated @ about 13.5 depending on what chart line you are quoting?
Given the size of turbo that you installed on the tiny 650 cc kubota,, you'll be lucky to blow out a candle.. Iam not Simon cowell, in fact Iam not a judge either, But I'll be suprised,.. If you can Personaly show me a 1 half pound of pressure at the manifold. I have a turbo on my desk that is a little bit larger than a 650 kubota needs,.and it's smaller than a 1 dollar bill..most people have never seen one this small. It's thee worlds smallest turbo. Any thing bigger than that,..on a stock mini series kubota engine is a waist of time and money.
Iam Not,..trying to discourage u. And maybe u can show me that Iam wrong? And prove years of research wrong. I'll be very intrested in your finding. Especially,
The documented manifold pressure tests.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
John,
Iam intrested in , just how much , boost your getting from a turbo that's sized for a 50 hp diesel engine on an engine that's rated @ about 13.5 depending on what chart line you are quoting?
Given the size of turbo that you installed on the tiny 650 cc kubota,, you'll be lucky to blow out a candle.. Iam not Simon cowell, in fact Iam not a judge either, But I'll be suprised,.. If you can Personaly show me a 1 half pound of pressure at the manifold. I have a turbo on my desk that is a little bit larger than a 650 kubota needs,.and it's smaller than a 1 dollar bill..most people have never seen one this small. It's thee worlds smallest turbo. Any thing bigger than that,..on a stock mini series kubota engine is a waist of time and money.
Iam Not,..trying to discourage u. And maybe u can show me that Iam wrong? And prove years of research wrong. I'll be very intrested in your finding. Especially,
The documented manifold pressure tests.

Show us a pic of your smallest turbo.

kubota kid

Oct 30, 2009
michigan
Show us a pic of your smallest turbo.
ISP,
Don't have a pic to show u on this computer, Sorry, but I'll do you one better.
Google ihirhb31 turbo, All small case then click on images. And you will get a Clear view of all the collective photos that's currently available on the web.
It's pretty cool seeing how small these things are being built,
Iam going to try it on one of my 482s.

kubota kid

Oct 30, 2009
michigan
ISP,
Don't have a pic to show u on this computer, Sorry, but I'll do you one better.
Google ihirhb31 turbo, All small case then click on images. And you will get a Clear view of all the collective photos that's currently available on the web.
It's pretty cool seeing how small these things are being built,
Iam going to try it on one of my 482s.
Oh,
And let me know what you think after lookin at these sites? Lotsa cool images !

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Like it you put a lot of work in it and you can tell by the pictures before and after let us know how it does on the power side when you get a bush hog on it etc. Thanks again for the pics and congrads.;)handy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.