Turbo B7100

kubota7200

Equipment
B7200 hst w/att
Aug 2, 2010
Central MI
Ive been thinkin about doing this for a while now on my 7200 it has the 950 in it. Iam hoping to get everything under the hood. I think your turbo is to big for the 750 by quite a bit, like about 3 times too big, thats why your only getting 5 psi.
Iam shootin for 15-20 psi. For best overall preformance, and economy.

I use to run my farm stock pullin tractor in the field, At 325 hp. I "never" would let the egt get over 1050...
I was told pistons start melting @ 1400 deg. And I know for a fact that after I put more air to my engine the egts ran cooler.

If your brush hog dosent have a slip clutch, (one that you know works), Meaning take it apart and clean it up. or a "soft" shear pin. Beware!!!
Cuz when you hit somthing hard, and especially with the increased hp, you might snap the pto shaft thats inside your trans.

My understanding is there not very big, And have been known to snap.

kubotakid

BoostedB7100

Equipment
B7100 Turbo, kubota auger, kubota tiller, woods blade, 48" mower
Feb 27, 2012
Scappoose, OR
Ive been thinkin about doing this for a while now on my 7200 it has the 950 in it. Iam hoping to get everything under the hood. I think your turbo is to big for the 750 by quite a bit, like about 3 times too big, thats why your only getting 5 psi.
Iam shootin for 15-20 psi. For best overall preformance, and economy.

kubotakid
The turbo is big, there is only 1 turbo I know of that is smaller(-2mm exducer) its a Garrett gt12 and they are quite expensive and would have been much much harder to fabricate on to my tractor. Even being over sized its still not enough to be inefficient.The pressure I'm running is a very safe pressure, I would rather my tractor run good for a long time rather than run really good right before the cylinder head separates from the block. Its not that the d750 wont push the turbo past 5psi, that's just what the waste gate is set at until i get more testing in. I don't know if you know this but in a naturally aspirated diesel compression is anywhere between 22:1 and 26:1 (roughly 500psi). This is very high pressure, when adding a turbo to an engine with this high of compression you should never ever exceed 12psi. If you want to go higher boost pressure you must lower the compression of the engine. Factory turbo diesels usually range from 16:1 to 19:1 making higher boost pressures possible without blowing the cylinder head off.

The TD03(my turbo) is a factory D950 turbo in many many applications such as bobcat excavators etc. , the factory waste gate on a d950 is set at 6psi just like every other td03 known to man. If you want to push 15 to 20 psi that's great, but have fun picking your valves up off the ground ;)

johnb6100

Equipment
woods rm48, 91 cummins,00 foreman,78bronco,86 4runner,88 bronco2
Mar 10, 2012
fayette county,tn
i noticed ur can of paint. is that by chance the valspar brand kubota orange? also i was wondering if you or one of the other guys would know where to lacate one of the small turnbuckles on the lower 3 point bar? im missing the center female theaded piece. any ideas?

Last edited:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
i noticed ur can of paint. is that by chance the valspar brand kubota orange? also i was wondering if you or one of the other guys would know where to lacate one of the small turnbuckles on the lower 3 point bar? im missing the center female theaded piece. any ideas?
You should put a wanted ad in the sell section- perhaps someone has an old one. You can buy them from Kubota, but I don't know if they just sell the center section. I do know that the complete replacement is expensive.

BoostedB7100

Equipment
Feb 27, 2012
Scappoose, OR
I have a universal one on mine i got from Napa auto parts. Works perfect. When i got the tractor it was all bent to hell so i had to replace it.

johnb6100

Equipment
woods rm48, 91 cummins,00 foreman,78bronco,86 4runner,88 bronco2
Mar 10, 2012
fayette county,tn
man thats awsome! did you make the pods or did u buy them. if u bought them, where did u get them i think i mite like to have one thats cool!

BoostedB7100

Equipment
Feb 27, 2012
Scappoose, OR
Its my own design and fabrication :)

Just made that one for kytim, ill make you one for $20 + $11.35 flat rate usps. So $31.35 and ill have it to you in a week. Let me know if you're interested or anybody else. I can always do a small production run :)

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Hey Bro, I got my gauge pod today. That is one heavy piece! the level of workmanship is fantastic. very little fitting is gonna be necessary. maybe some light file work is all. After seeing this I sure wouldn't hesitate purchasing it again. Thank you for helping me out!

BoostedB7100

Equipment
Feb 27, 2012
Scappoose, OR
@kytim

I'm glad you like it :) I always slightly over-build things, i could have gone a little thinner but i think the .063" is beefy enough to hold up to about anything. I am doing a small production run of these if anybody is interested, I'm going to run 6 of them.

kubota kid

Oct 30, 2009
michigan
The turbo is big, there is only 1 turbo I know of that is smaller(-2mm exducer) its a Garrett gt12 and they are quite expensive and would have been much much harder to fabricate on to my tractor. Even being over sized its still not enough to be inefficient.The pressure I'm running is a very safe pressure, I would rather my tractor run good for a long time rather than run really good right before the cylinder head separates from the block. Its not that the d750 wont push the turbo past 5psi, that's just what the waste gate is set at until i get more testing in. I don't know if you know this but in a naturally aspirated diesel compression is anywhere between 22:1 and 26:1 (roughly 500psi). This is very high pressure, when adding a turbo to an engine with this high of compression you should never ever exceed 12psi. If you want to go higher boost pressure you must lower the compression of the engine. Factory turbo diesels usually range from 16:1 to 19:1 making higher boost pressures possible without blowing the cylinder head off.

The TD03(my turbo) is a factory D950 turbo in many many applications such as bobcat excavators etc. , the factory waste gate on a d950 is set at 6psi just like every other td03 known to man. If you want to push 15 to 20 psi that's great, but have fun picking your valves up off the ground ;)[/QUOTE

Boost
A friend of mine built a 1/4 scale puller and used the D950, Like I have.
He has a steel spacer under the head, Its not very thick, like maybe 1/16th, Its also his garden tractor. He runs about 18 lb boost. No problems.
He built it 2 years ago..

Iam curious, about this D950 OEM turbo your talkin about.? This is news to me that kubota ever turbod the D950..

Where can I find Imformation on the specs? etc.

As far as turbo sizes go, I think this one might be the smaller.., Brand New for about $250.00

73fd_1.jpg