Improved stabilizers

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I have been whittling away at these stabilizers, refining them and selling them here and there. Recently I received a few calls for stabilizers for larger tractors (L3200), so I decided to move up to the next size in steel, and see how they would turn out.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/br549_red/?action=view&current=HDstabilizers001.jpg

In the middle is an adjustable stabilizer for a compact tractor, such as a B7100 and the like. I feel very comfortable with the larger set on a 32-35 horsepower tractor.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Forgive me for asking a dumb question but what is the point of these over the adjustable one with the turn buckle???

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
They say faster and easier hook up on the 3pth and its a little more sturdier and ridgid then turn buckles.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Forgive me for asking a dumb question but what is the point of these over the adjustable one with the turn buckle???
Two reasons for me, Skeets. One, if you change your implements very often, meaning a couple times in a day, the turnbuckles take time and a wrench. Second, I have sold these stabilizers to folks who have stripped the threads on their turnbuckles, and the replacements (at least from Kubota) are pricey- more than I charge for a set of these. You can pull the two pins on these in a matter of seconds and open the arms or adjust the implement, instead of minutes. And, as Eric said, these are much heavier. Some folks like the turnbuckles; I don't.
Here is a photo of the stock turnbuckle from my B7100, and a replacement stabilizer for a B7100.
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/br549_red/?action=view&current=stabilizersb001.jpg
Mark

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well that answered that question,, they do look heavy enough to handle most anything ya want to hook up,, sooooo just for S&G's whats something like that run???

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Well that answered that question,, they do look heavy enough to handle most anything ya want to hook up,, sooooo just for S&G's whats something like that run???
I sell the smaller set, for compact tractors, for $110 plus $11 if they want them shipped, and $130 for the large set, with the same for shipping. They come primed and painted, with hardware.

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
Hodge - That is a nice set of stabilizers - well made. I have bent the turn buckles on my tractor. Looks heavy duty and built to last.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Hodge - That is a nice set of stabilizers - well made. I have bent the turn buckles on my tractor. Looks heavy duty and built to last.
Thanks- I built them out of necessity, first. So, they are practical. Then, I figured that someone else would probably like them as much as me, so I refined them until they would work on the most models (of Kubota), and on others with a few adjustments. Then, I worked up a price that would benefit my labor, but not break the bank or compare to the prices of new ones from Kubota. To my knowledge, these are the only alternatives available, unless you go back with turnbuckles. There are turnbuckles available on ebay, but nothing pin-adjustable. I use a set on my B7100, and love them.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Re: Good reason for improved stabilizers

Thanks- I built them out of necessity, first. So, they are practical. Then, I figured that someone else would probably like them as much as me, so I refined them until they would work on the most models (of Kubota), and on others with a few adjustments. Then, I worked up a price that would benefit my labor, but not break the bank or compare to the prices of new ones from Kubota. To my knowledge, these are the only alternatives available, unless you go back with turnbuckles. There are turnbuckles available on ebay, but nothing pin-adjustable. I use a set on my B7100, and love them.

I received a call today from a guy looking for stabilizers for an L2250. He lived pretty close by, so I drove over there to look at his tractor. The tractor is 4wd, and he uses a 7 foot scraper blade on it and a 5 foot bushhog, not to mention a 3 ph-mounted backhoe. He had busted the original turnbuckles on it, and had fashioned some new ones out of aluminum fencing turnbuckles. We received snow last night, and while he was plowing the driveway (the nastiest one I have seen- you need 4WD in dry weather to get up it), he broke those turnbuckles.
When a tractor experiences side load on an implement, the turnbuckle only works on one side- because they use clevises, they only work when pulling. So, if an implement is being pushed to the right side of the tractor, the left side stabilizer is doing all of the work.
With the stabilizers that I make, you have stabilization on the pull and the push, because they are rigid-mounted. For those who have asked why not stick with the turnbuckles, my estimation is that these have at least twice the holding power- not only do they both hold the implement in place, but they are much stronger than the turnbuckle- especially aluminum ones.

bwssr

Equipment
l3200, FEL and Box blade...more to come
Feb 29, 2012
Houston, Texas
Re: Good reason for improved stabilizers

do you take pay pal?
I'll be needing a set for a 2011 L3200

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I was lucky enough to receive a set from Mark himself personally last weekend and I have yet installed them on my tractor but as soon as I get motivation to go outside and install them I will. And I know Mark is waiting for me to give it a test and post back with my tough and ridged test results!

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I am having Mark make a couple of sets for me, they will be a big improvement over the turnbuckles.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I am having Mark make a couple of sets for me, they will be a big improvement over the turnbuckles.
TripleR, I have been working on your sets this morning. I will finish building them this afternoon, and then start priming them.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
hodge, do you have an adjustment on one end??
I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking; the stabilizer is adjustable by pulling a pin and repositioning it in another hole. The photo of the three different sizes is to just show the difference- they aren't completed yet. I have made a set with a heim joint on one end, which in turn is adjustable by threading it in or out. But, there would be no need to adjust that.

Mark,

Can you price me a set for a BX 22?
I will private message you.
Thanks

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
TripleR, I have been working on your sets this morning. I will finish building them this afternoon, and then start priming them.
I told my CFO to get a check headed your way.