g1900 Elect problems

patrickg450

Equipment
g1900
Nov 2, 2011
Hernando, MS
I have had this tractor for years, about 2 years ago the hour meter quit on me. Then I was having problems with my glow plugs coming on. I have checked all the fuses, new battery and still I can get it to start with starting fluid on a warm/hot day. I notice that the engine does not run very fast, so I checked my battery cables, could I have a bad starter? It comes on but turns slow, when I jump it off I can feel the jumper cables get hot so I know it is drawing current. Also there is a elect box on the left side of the engine that growls/humms at me sometimes. I think I need to find out what is causing my dash not work before I go on but I am not sure what is could be, where could I get a elect schematic?

patrickg450

Equipment
g1900
Nov 2, 2011
Hernando, MS
I did the battery cables and cleaning the ends before but no luck, why is the jumper cable getting hot? I am jumping it off my other tractor........bad set of jumper cables. DOH!!!!!

Ok I got it started, I need a wiring diagram. I have a safety that is open so I have to start it by touching it off at the solenoid. Also parts of my dash don't work, hour meter, glow plug light ( I am sure they come on as the oil light dims). I think I could get it if I had a diagram, unless there is a know failure or common part that craps out.

Freakingstang

Oct 23, 2011
NE Ohio
My hour meter just recently quit on me shortly after buying it. Sometimes the fuel gauge doesn't work along with the temp gauge. I have disassembled everything. I'm thinking there Is a ground issue. I would like a print too!

patrickg450

Equipment
g1900
Nov 2, 2011
Hernando, MS
My fuel gauge died a few times then came back, I blamed it on the mineral oil I was using for fuel. Back on diesel now and it is working. I though ground issue as well but cant seems to find a starting point.

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
I did the battery cables and cleaning the ends before but no luck, why is the jumper cable getting hot? I am jumping it off my other tractor........bad set of jumper cables. DOH!!!!!

Ok I got it started, I need a wiring diagram. I have a safety that is open so I have to start it by touching it off at the solenoid. Also parts of my dash don't work, hour meter, glow plug light ( I am sure they come on as the oil light dims). I think I could get it if I had a diagram, unless there is a know failure or common part that craps out.
The starting system is controlled by the black box on the side of the engine.
The black box controlles: Starter,glow plugs, power take off and savety switches. Make shure you dont have a open curcit if you removed or unhooked safety switches. The switch under the seat if unhooked the curcit must be complete and on all the others. I have schamatics if you need them.
The black box is about $120.00 go to your local Kubota dealer for it.
Good Luck let me know how you come out.
GEP

patrickg450

Equipment
g1900
Nov 2, 2011
Hernando, MS
The starting system is controlled by the black box on the side of the engine.
The black box controlles: Starter,glow plugs, power take off and savety switches. Make shure you dont have a open curcit if you removed or unhooked safety switches. The switch under the seat if unhooked the curcit must be complete and on all the others. I have schamatics if you need them.
The black box is about $120.00 go to your local Kubota dealer for it.
Good Luck let me know how you come out.
GEP
Thanks man, do you think that that black box would cause some stuff to work and some to fail on my dash?

patrickg450

Equipment
g1900
Nov 2, 2011
Hernando, MS
the box fixed my glow plugs and gauge issue but the hour meter is dead, has 12 volts going to it so I guess it is time for a new meter.

Thanks for the help