Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #11
steve
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7100HST, B5001DT/B5100DT, JD-111H, Chevy K2500 DuraMax, CJ-5, CJ-7, TJ jeeps
Smile Re: B7100 Directional Control Valve / Pipe Thread question

David
You won't have to throtle down but you can only move the top link or lift the 3pt arms at a time. When the mower is lowered then switch over to the top link and mow away.
Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #12
Bellinghamster
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7100 with FEL
Default Re: B7100 Directional Control Valve / Pipe Thread question

Pardon if you already know this: The valve in front of the seat is really more a diverter valve than "directional control". It sends flow to either the 3pt lift cylinder or the (plugged) port. Flow is controlled on/off with the 3pt control lever beside the seat regardless what position the diverter valve is in. Flow only goes one way (out the port), so you need an external open center spool valve if you want to power a bi-directional cylinder or motor.

My diverter valve was stuck really solid (previous owner never used it, let the tranny fill with water). I soaked it with Liquid Wrench for a few days, gave it a few taps with a hammper then crossed my fingers and started twisting it with some pliers. It moved just the tiniest bit, but each twist loosened it up more. Now it turns freely 90 degrees. (I had the same problem with the differential lock)

If you accidentally leave or move the diverter valve to the wrong position with the port plugged then move the 3pt control lever, the pressure relieve valve will squeal, but (should) prevent damage to the pump or anything else.
Bellinghamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #13
davidbham
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX2670 w RCK60B mmm and LA243A fel, Kodiak 48" bush hog, 48" box blade

Steve,

Tell me about the cylinder you used and how you plumbed it. I see both ports of the cylinder seem to be connected to the same line. Is there any directional flow control on either of the ports?
davidbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
davidbham
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX2670 w RCK60B mmm and LA243A fel, Kodiak 48" bush hog, 48" box blade

I found this hydraulic top link at http://www.agrisupply.com

item # 67464 HYDRAULIC TOP LINK CATEGORY 1, 2" X8" STROKE
This one has a tang on the base end. On my B7100, the top link is mounted between the bases of the ROPS, and needed the extension.

I'll run it from the directional control valve and post pictures when I get it installed.
davidbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #15
davidbham
1st Yr. Apprentice

Forgot to put the pics up, here they are:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0227.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	4666   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0228.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	4667