3pt log splitter on a b7100

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
is it possible to run a 3pt log splitter on a b7100. if the splitter uses the tractors hydraulics? Where woud you connect the hoses please help.
Yes you can run a log splitter but the first thing you need to do is obtain the flow rate of the tractor ,which I don't have to hand at the moment. Next find out from the dealer, a log splitter that will work at an acceptable speed for that oil flow.
There are a few aticles and posts on OTT that relate to tapping into the hyd lines or block in order to run slitters ,Fel's etc
Remember,its all about oil flow rate and if you can;t find a slitter to suit your needs you can always fit a pto driven pump which gives more scope .
dave
Edit: 11.78 ltrs/min,3.1 Galls.

Last edited:

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
Yes you can run a log splitter but the first thing you need to do is obtain the flow rate of the tractor ,which I don't have to hand at the moment. Next find out from the dealer, a log splitter that will work at an acceptable speed for that oil flow.
There are a few aticles and posts on OTT that relate to tapping into the hyd lines or block in order to run slitters ,Fel's etc
Remember,its all about oil flow rate and if you can;t find a slitter to suit your needs you can always fit a pto driven pump which gives more scope .
dave
Edit: 11.78 ltrs/min,3.1 Galls.
I'll try to get some photos / vids of my screw set up.
KC