Kubota L285 Normal Operating Temp?

bleuboy

Equipment
Kubota L285
Jun 21, 2011
Ardmore, OK
I have an L285 Kubota and it has been setting for a while, it seems to run great now that I have got it running. I installed a new numerical temp gauge instead of the standard hot or cold indicator. Can someone tell me what the normal operating temp should be for this tractor? It is running around 200 F and that is with no operating load. It has a new thermostat and is full of water and the radiator appears to be pretty clean other than a few bent fins. All help would be appreciated!!

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
What temp thermostat did you put in? It should run at the thermostat temp when not under any load. You should check the temp gauge too before you do anything else.

bleuboy

Equipment
Kubota L285
Jun 21, 2011
Ardmore, OK
The thermostat is brand new and I am not sure what temp it is...the Kubota dealer gave me the replacement for my model. The Temp gauge is brand new so I feel pretty confident in it. My dealer said that it should be the thermostat or the radiator. I think that now I am going to take the radiator off and flush it and straighten the few fins that are bent up and make sure that it is completely clear and flowing well. I appreciate any and all other suggestions.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
The thermostat is brand new and I am not sure what temp it is...the Kubota dealer gave me the replacement for my model. The Temp gauge is brand new so I feel pretty confident in it. My dealer said that it should be the thermostat or the radiator. I think that now I am going to take the radiator off and flush it and straighten the few fins that are bent up and make sure that it is completely clear and flowing well. I appreciate any and all other suggestions.
If you have an infrared thermometer I would check that your gauge is accurate.
After that I would pull the thermostat and check it. Sometimes the new is worse than the old.:cool: