Loader Guard

ORANGEMAN

Equipment
Kubota B2920 4WD with front loader
Jun 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Has anyone come up with some type of guard to protect the hood from rocks falling off of the loader and bouncing off the hood?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Theres a member on here Wildfire, he built a spill guard on his buck so nothing will spill out the bucket and trash the hood.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I had a near miss with the hood of my L3830 , since then I just make sure to slow down and use some common sence .Dont worry about the hood it could be your head

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Having something come off the bucket and fall on the hood or even go through the windshield can happen very easy. I remember back in the day when I was operating a Cat 966c loader and a lump of snow came off the top of the bucket and took my windshield out. The bucket was up high because we were trucking snow and I was loading Mack trucks. My arms were cut up pretty bad.

After that happened we decided to put a material spill guards on all our buckets and it paid off.

Here is a thread I posted on the mod I did on my new snow bucket. I've also done it on my regular bucket that Eric posted a link to. Hope it gives someone an idea or two. It's worth doing.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4365