S1000 pto driven tiller

tillitunder

Equipment
Kubota B7100-
Apr 22, 2011
Wadsworth,Ohio
I just got an older tiller that didnt come with a pto shaft I dont know if it should have an overrunning clutch or not and if the size of the yoke is standard or metric, or if I have to get one from a kubota dealer. after closer inspection it has a little differant hookup than your normal 3 pt I dont know if it can be seen in the picture ,any how I been lookin online and cant find any info on the tiller Im pretty sure its kubota its orange and grey.anyone got any information on it?

Attachments

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I believe that is a tiller that is more or less a perminant mount to the back on an early Kubota B series tractor, which if it is came from a grey market Kubota shipped to the U.S. from over seas and is not an North American equivliant. To my knowledge that tiller cant be retro fitted to run on a stanard 3pth.

tillitunder

Equipment
Kubota B7100-
Apr 22, 2011
Wadsworth,Ohio
I been studying the situation I went to the tractor junk yard and bought a 3 pt hookup( triangle)off of an old implement.Im going to mount it on top of tiller, bolt and weld, like the kingkutter,tillers I had to grind a knotch in the shaft so the 3 pt qd will lock on I will take some pictures tomorrow. I took the grey upper pc off and the grey arms.they were just in the way.

tillitunder

Equipment
Kubota B7100-
Apr 22, 2011
Wadsworth,Ohio
I have started to make this 3pt compatible did some cuttin and tack welding not done yet but heres some pictures so far

i have stardted to make this 3pt

Attachments

Last edited:

tillitunder

Equipment
Kubota B7100-
Apr 22, 2011
Wadsworth,Ohio
I checked it and the shaft is 1 3/8 6 I had to grind a groove around the shaft so the QD on the pto shaft would lock on. I also had to cut the sides off around the shaft, orange part ( they were only 4 1/2 - 5 inches apart) so if I want to use a slip cluch I can

tillitunder

Equipment
Kubota B7100-
Apr 22, 2011
Wadsworth,Ohio
Im almost done with the retrofit on the tiller I have already run it Im not sure what way its supposed to turn(the tiller) I have some more grinding to do. I picked it up with my tractor , and have plenty of clearance and engaged PTO It turns I havent tried to till ground with it yet. here are some more pictures

Attachments

JohnnyVegas

Equipment
B7000
Mar 14, 2014
Brittany
I know it was a while ago now but I'm attempting the same issue myself. Can you confirm this worked ok or did you need to alter it at all?