Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #11
Orange Tractors
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Default Re: My Kubota project

Sounds like you will have a good little tractor when you get it started. If you had a gallon of water come out of the engine, I would check the hydraulics before I even start it.

When I got my L175, it had sat outside for two or three years. It had enough rain water get into the transmission that you could see it through the fill hole in front of the seat. If I remember correctly it only holds six gallons of hydraulic fluid. This is a great chance to change the fluid and to clean the filter.

I used universal Hy-Trans from the local farm supply store, (it was on sale).

Check and grease all the bearings on the Woods mower before using it. You can download a manual from the Woods website for it. There are less expensive places on the web to buy belts than from the Woods dealer, (like 40% of the cost).

When you remount the mower deck, watch your tire pressure. Mine with turf tires likes twelve psi in all four tires for an even cut.

If you have any mechanical knowledge at all, the steering box isn't that hard to rebuild.

Good Luck,

Robert
Orange Tractors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:34 AM   #12
gurn
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota L175

Thanks for the great advice. I first have to rebuild the starter, its one part that did get real rusty. I plan to crank it over with the glow plugs removed is this a good idea? It didn't look like there was any water in the trans. but I didn't drain it yet. I will do that also in case there is any way down in there,thanks.
gurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
gurn
2nd Yr. Apprentice

The starter and alternator were real nasty inside. I'm going to try and replace the brushes as the rest of the parts cleaned up nicely.
I found out the clutch is froze to the flywheel and or pressure plate. Is there a way to free it up through the throw out bearing greasing port? Or will I need to separate the trans from the motor? I don't relay mind doing that as then I can clean that area all up and replace the oil seals.
Gurn.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #14
Orange Tractors
3rd Yr. Apprentice

We freed mine up by pulling the tractor with a pickup. Tractor in a fairly low gear and repeatedly stepping on the clutch pedal. It wasn't stuck all that bad.

There are a few threads on this site about stuck cluthes and how to free them.

Robert
Old 05-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #15
gurn
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Update.. I haven't had the time to go at it full force but I'm getting there. In a few days I should be ready to try and start her up. I rebuilt the starter and alternator and the main wiring seems to checkout ok. Changed the fluids and cleaned the trans. screen. There was a lot of crap that came out of the rear axle drain plugs but I think I got most of it out.Took off the fuel tank and cleaned it out. Just have to reinstall the radiator and new air and fuel filters bleed the lines and see if she will start. I will try and get the first start up on video. Thats it for now. Gurn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b2gKfwiKNA
Old 05-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #16
Orange Tractors
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Take your time and do it right the first time, then you won't have to do it again next year.

When bleeding air from the injector lines, be sure you have a good battery or three around. We ended up pulling mine about 500 yards to get all the air out, of course we didn't really have a good battery in the first place.

It wasn't a whole lot of fun, but I have had worse days.

It does make one pretty anal about checking fuel levels bofore operating though.

Robert
Old 05-16-2011, 03:13 AM   #17
300zx
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200

Gurn, it is looking great! Can't wait to see it fire up. Bringing one of these great tractors back to life is sooooo satisfying.
300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #18
gurn
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Here is a video of the tractor in two pieces. She is getting her clutch replaced as it was frozen. I rebuilt the pressure plate as well. The rear motor oil seal seems to leak a bit, Dose it just pull out? Or do you have to remove the that plate with all the bolts? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRAMT..._order&list=UL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00105.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	3515   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00106.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	3516  
Old 05-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #19
gurn
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Took the motor outside for a good degreesing and power washing. Amazing that there was a motor under all that gunk. Notice at the end of the video the Blue top on the can of paint, looks to be a very good match to me.If it ever drys up around here may be I can actually do some painting, so dang humid. How do you like my homemade support for the back part of the tractor? It is an old office chair that weighs a ton. Even the two holes that the seat mounted to lined up perfect with attachment screw holes under the trans. case. Bubba strikes again.
Gurn http://www.youtube.com/user/gurn3006?blend=14&ob=5

Last edited by gurn; 05-24-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #20
gurn
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Got the new clutch in and it all went back together easily. I used the "leaving the pressure plate bolts lose and tighten them up after it goes together" method.Then I started to work on the steering box. The bearings had come apart but the shaft and its bearings were clean. So I wont have to replace that. I will try and get the bearings and seals from the dealer here soon. I wanted to test out the new blue paint and it looks nice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyH5VpB7Es8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00118.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	3527  

Last edited by gurn; 05-24-2011 at 03:47 PM.