2370 wouldn’t move

Toecat

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 1, 2019
Mansfield Ohio
Hello. I bought a 2015 BX 2370 last week. It has 218 hrs on it. Today I ran it pretty hard. My neighbor had a pool put in and gave me the excess dirt. I ran it probably 6 hrs lifting and transporting dirt. At one point it would not move. It was like no power was getting to the wheels. The fel was fine. After sitting a couple of minutes it was better but not normal. At that point I removed the fel and was going to mow but the same thing happened. No power to the wheels. After it sat for 1/2 hr it seemed normal again. Did I possibly over work it and get it too hot? This was in high and low range. Thanks

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello. I bought a 2015 BX 2370 last week. It has 218 hrs on it. Today I ran it pretty hard. My neighbor had a pool put in and gave me the excess dirt. I ran it probably 6 hrs lifting and transporting dirt. At one point it would not move. It was like no power was getting to the wheels. The fel was fine. After sitting a couple of minutes it was better but not normal. At that point I removed the fel and was going to mow but the same thing happened. No power to the wheels. After it sat for 1/2 hr it seemed normal again. Did I possibly over work it and get it too hot? This was in high and low range. Thanks
check hst fluid level......when was hst filter changed last? screen cleaned last?

Is engine running as it should? when you press on the pedal to go forward or reverse.....engine rpm drop? any sounds heard?

i would drop filter......fluid.....clean screen.....and replace with S-udt2 and see what happens.

use kubota filters.....and kubota S-udt2

report back

Toecat

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 1, 2019
Mansfield Ohio
Thanks. Fluid is full and clean. I think the guy I bought it from said he changed it this spring. But I will change it. Engine ran strong with no change in rpms. I didn’t hear any noises after it happened but all day I had been listening to an earmuff radio.

Toecat

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 1, 2019
Mansfield Ohio
Goofiest thing. The nut that holds the rod that connects the pedals to the HST was gone. Apparently sometimes it would lodge in well enough for things to work. Other times nothing. Was a bear getting the a new nut on but solved it. Thanks Paul Short’s video on You tube.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Goofiest thing. The nut that holds the rod that connects the pedals to the HST was gone. Apparently sometimes it would lodge in well enough for things to work. Other times nothing. Was a bear getting the a new nut on but solved it. Thanks Paul Short’s video on You tube.
Your kindly welcome. Happy to hear it worked out for you ***128077;