Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Fabrication & Customization

Fabrication & Customization Show off and share the details of your custom improvements to your tractor, your truck or anything else you get your hands on.

Old 03-28-2019   #1
War Eagle
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020
Default My Tool Box Addition

I have a cabbed tractor and haven't been able to find a convenient place to add a tool box. There is a small cubby hole tool box just behind the seat but you can hardly put anything in there (can't hardley even get your hand into it).

So I decided to try and find something I could mount on the rear mounting plate for the cab. It is only about 3" wide and I have to be careful so it doesn't interfere with the seat movement.

I started looking for a long tool box (since I couldn't go very wide) and decided I could use something that could be nearly 24" long and up to about 5.5 " wide.

Found a Ranch Hand model that would work for me. Mounted a 2x6 board with a couple of 1/2" stringers on that 3" wide lip and then mounted the tool box on top of the wood set up. I was able to slide the tool box back toward the window and allow adequate space for seat movement and still allow the lid to stay open without contacting the cab frame.

I can access the tool box by flipping the seat forward or through the back window when it is open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190327_114758.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	41842   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190327_115009.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	41843   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190327_114833.jpg
Views:	145