Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
sadams@spanishfork.org

Default B7100 - Clutch Replacement

I am trying to replace my cluch on my B7100. Took off every bolt and nut that looked like it was holding the machine together. Blocked up the front end, put a rolling floor jack under the back and tried to split it. It would ony break the bell-housing seal but will not split, what have I missed?
sadams@spanishfork.org is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
lahoyer
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7100 and a bunch of attachments
Default Re: B7100 - Clutch Replacement

If you have everything disconnected and have removed 8 bolts on bell housing and blocked it up level, you should be able to rock it apart. Stand behind rear wheels, grab the tires and alternately rock left and right. It should slip apart.
lahoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
MDsteve
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7100, L225, L295DT

There are more than eight fasteners securing the bell housing to the engine. The ones at the top of the bell housing are hard to find and access because they are beneath the fuel tank. Check that you removed those. It should come apart easily when all the fasteners are removed.
MDsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:20 AM   #4
gktilton
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator

I know Lahoyer said it, but reiterate, make sure everything is level. Real easy for it to bind if its not. Also easy to bend/break stuff if its not level/supported when they come apart.

Check to make sure it is breaking seal evenly top to bottom.

I have mine apart for paint, so if you need someone to check number of bolts I have full access to all of mine when I get home.
gktilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Service Dept Vic

Equipment: B-5000

The input shaft that runs through the clutch to the transmission is staked with a roll pin and wire at the transmission end. You have to punch out the roll pin in order to slide the tractor apart.

As well, if you have a DT (Double Traction) version of the B7100, the front drive axle shaft will also be roll pin staked at the transmission.

Once the roll pins have been removed, and providing you removed all the bolts joining the transmission to the tunnel, the tractor will slide apart easily on your floor jack, which just happens to be my preferred method of splitting a Kubota!

Click image for larger version

Name:	B1600 Trans Repair018.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	3174

Name:	B1600 Trans Repair019.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	3175

Name:	B1600 Trans Repair020.jpg