BH77 Backhoe Subframe Interferes w/ 3pt Leveling Link

NF6X

Equipment
L3301HST w/ LA525 & BH77
Mar 19, 2017
Riverside, CA
www.nf6x.net
I have an L3301HST with the BH77 backhoe. With the 3 point hitch at a typical height for attaching and detaching implements, the bars in the middle of the leveling link hit the backhoe subframe. This makes it hard to attach an implement if I need to adjust the leveling link to line up the arms with the lower implement pins. I also need to make sure that the bars on the leveling link point fore and aft so they don't hit the subframe when I raise and lower the implement. The bar is already a bit bent from hitting the subframe before.

Have any of y'all encountered this problem and devised a good solution for it? All I've thought of so far is to cut off the bars, and then weld something new to the top end of the adjuster barrel. Maybe some new bars similar to the originals, or maybe just a bored-out nut so I can get a wrench on there if I need to.

I'm also wondering whether I might be able to add a hydraulic tilt link later. There isn't a lot of clearance between the leveling link and the subframe.

I made a short video showing the interference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEuO9I6bEDo

Attachments

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
Can you turn the bottom section of leveling link to face out instead of in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NF6X

Equipment
L3301HST w/ LA525 & BH77
Mar 19, 2017
Riverside, CA
www.nf6x.net
Can you turn the bottom section of leveling link to face out instead of in?
Oops! I didn't realize that I had the lifting links on backwards. Thank you for pointing that out.

Turning them the right way and pulling in the arms as far as possible reduces the interference, but doesn't eliminate it. Maybe I can just grind a half inch off of the little bars, rather than removing them entirely.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you can't get the clearance you need, you could cut off the short turning pins. Then weld a hex nut at the top over the outside of the turnbuckle at the top. Then an adjustable wrench could give you the leverage your need to adjust.