I've got issues

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Always good to be positive. I'm facing a wicked operation (entire ascending colon removal) and radiation on my liver yet this year. Not looking forward to it but the alternative is death and I'm not going there yet. I have people I want to pizz off yet.

I hate the chemo I'm doing. Makes me sick and impacts me in many ways and none are good. My wife teases me that I've become a 'professional puker' and I have. Hard to keep anything down, everything wants to come up t the most inconvenient times.

I need to get this crap over with before spring and get mended so I can farm. Good it happened in the off season but I would have preferred it not happening at all.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hope surgery goes well. You are in a corner of the state where good health care is available at a couple places. Attitude is everything. Friends son has been through the liver treatments, and last check liver at least was clear. Hang in there. :)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yes, excllent doctors and hospitals here. I'm a St. Joe, Ann Arbor patient. Kind of a drive but i'm very comfortable with the staff.

Like I said, least it's in the off season. I have hay customers that depend on me for forage.

Tough getting old.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Prayers sent, hopefully everything will turn out well, hang in there!

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Always good to be positive. I'm facing a wicked operation (entire ascending colon removal) and radiation on my liver yet this year. Not looking forward to it but the alternative is death and I'm not going there yet. I have people I want to pizz off yet.

I hate the chemo I'm doing. Makes me sick and impacts me in many ways and none are good. My wife teases me that I've become a 'professional puker' and I have. Hard to keep anything down, everything wants to come up t the most inconvenient times.

I need to get this crap over with before spring and get mended so I can farm. Good it happened in the off season but I would have preferred it not happening at all.
Glad you came forward with this flip... I was beginning to think you were just an ornery azzwipe. :D

I understand it all now. Hang in there and best of luck.

Try some Avocados... they tend to ease upset stomach and might help with that dragon breath too.... ;)

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I'm certainly not a propionate of marijuana but I think with the cancer treatments it would help ease the nausea and make it able for you to eat and keep it down.

Gods Blessings on your treatment and recovery.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Dittos and prayers for a speedy recovery!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Glad you came forward with this flip... I was beginning to think you were just an ornery azzwipe. :D

I understand it all now. Hang in there and best of luck.

Try some Avocados... they tend to ease upset stomach and might help with that dragon breath too.... ;)
I am. I'm opinionated and stubborn. Comes with age I guess. Just had a nice dinner of chipped beef on toast with ginger ale. Ginger ale works for me pretty well. Why I like running hay as a one man operation. I don't mesh well with others so when I'm calling he shots I get to deal with the blunders too.

Just want this all to be over with so I can get back to normal programming whatever that is.

Like I said, glad this happened in my off season. I cannot imagine running hay the way I feel. Don't think even climate control would help at this point.

I found out the Zantac works pretty well for controlling the acid reflux but it's pretty expensive so I had my doctor write a scrip for it. I get my prescriptions for basically zip so every little bit helps.

My biggest concern at this point is the burden I'm putting on my wife. She's doing well but I know she's scared and candidly, so am I. Been coming here a lot to dampen the constant issues I'm having. It's a good alternative far as dealing with it.

With what I have, there are only 2 choices. You either beat it or you die and I've come to terms with that. Been a champion of diversity all my life, not going to change now. I'm not ready for the dirt nap by a long shot.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I'm certainly not a propionate of marijuana but I think with the cancer treatments it would help ease the nausea and make it able for you to eat and keep it down.

Gods Blessings on your treatment and recovery.
Neither am I in reality. Been reading about alternative cures and treatments but what I'm doing right now has caused the tumors to shrink appreciably, so much that my surgeon thinks that I can go away from this completely cured and not in remission. Fine with me.

So long as this treatment regimen is working and I'm heading toward being cancer free, I'm good with that. I learned long ago that there is no gain without some pain.

What I find interesting is, I had no idea that I had anything wrong at all. I had no symptoms, life was normal until my Urologist did a CT scan (I had 3 fused kidney stones in my bladder that he had to implode). That CT scan was the beginning of the road I'm on now. When my cancer doctor told me that without any intervention, I'd be dead by Thanksgiving, that was a wake up call. Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away, a cause for celebration for me. I may feel like an old shoe but I'm alive.

Cancer is a silent killer. We all have the cancer gene in us. What activates it is still a mystery. When that mystery is uraveled, cancer will be cured.

All I know is, my CEA level is 2.8. Normal is 0-5. Initially my CEA level was 14. The CEA benchmark is used to determine the antibody level in your blood that fights the cancer gene.

We are going the right way, all that matters to me right now.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
SidecarFlip, be advised doctors don't have the last word. They are simply a coach on your team. You're the active player. Heed their advise, but watch out for YOU.

I was told in 1985 by highly advertised ophthalmologist in Kansas City I would be blind in one eye in two years. That was the first time he saw me....and the last!

I found a Dr. with some bedside manners, personality and skill who helped me with the problem. I do wear glasses to read, but not required to drive!

I still see his ads on TV and it makes me want to change the channel.