LED lights install

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
Today I finished installing new lights on my Rops. 2 facing forward and 2 back. Got the lights and waterproof switches off of Amazon.
I pulled back the wiring out of the factory harness for the rear work light to the left brace for the left fender and made a bracket to mount up the switches. They are in a good spot out of the way, that switch view is looking down between the seat and left fender.

Attachments

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Nice! I just came in from working on the same project on my B2650, finished tapping into the headlight switch for the relay and routing all the wires. What did you use to mount the lights to the ROPS? Commercial or fabricated? That's my last big impasse (aside from the impending alternator debacle)... I've got a few brackets that will fit but still unsure of what I'm going to do with them... Cheers to the successful completion of your (most recent) project!

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
Nice! I just came in from working on the same project on my B2650, finished tapping into the headlight switch for the relay and routing all the wires. What did you use to mount the lights to the ROPS? Commercial or fabricated? That's my last big impasse (aside from the impending alternator debacle)... I've got a few brackets that will fit but still unsure of what I'm going to do with them... Cheers to the successful completion of your (most recent) project!

They are 2" X 5" square tube brackets from Lowe's, and I modified some L brackets from the lumber area. Even found some Rust-Oleum spray paint that matches the Rops color pretty well.

Last edited:

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Nice!

I just finished up my forward facing light bar last week....the rear facing lights will be here tomorrow and I'll get them installed later this week.

I mounted my on-off switch where a couple switch plate covers are on the right side of the dash. (only using one of them). I also wanted a 6 place spade fuse buss and mounted it in the engine compartment by the battery. (pic's in my photo albums profile)

You're gonna love the lights.....

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Nice!

I just finished up my forward facing light bar last week....the rear facing lights will be here tomorrow and I'll get them installed later this week.

I mounted my on-off switch where a couple switch plate covers are on the right side of the dash. (only using one of them). I also wanted a 6 place spade fuse buss and mounted it in the engine compartment by the battery. (pic's in my photo albums profile)

You're gonna love the lights.....
Hey Dave, I was also hoping to mount switches in those empty switch sockets on the dash. I've got some switches already, but am unsure if they'll fit. What switches did you use? (I can't see your profile photos on this app). I couldn't find a part number for the factory ones...

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Hey Dave, I was also hoping to mount switches in those empty switch sockets on the dash. I've got some switches already, but am unsure if they'll fit. What switches did you use? (I can't see your profile photos on this app). I couldn't find a part number for the factory ones...
I went to NAPA and picked up some narrow on-off simple switches and the weather proof rubber switch covers.

The narrow part of the switch is important since the cover plate still has to snap back into the square opening. (the body of the switch)

Dave