Keep blowing hazard light fuse on L2850

Snyda88

Equipment
L2850 with BF550 and Bradco 8MD2
Mar 21, 2017
Coatesville, PA
I started diagnosing the issue of the hazard lights not working and I checked that I have power at the hazard unit connector as well as testing the hazard unit off the tractor and it works as it should.

My issue is as soon as I turn the key on the relay clicks once and poof goes the 10 amp fuse. That’s before I even have a chance I turn on the hazard light switch on. I have not had a chance to trace all the wires back and I’m no electrical genius but could I have a short somewhere?

Also, the rear signal light (yes, only one because the other one is toast-bad ground) comes on solid as soon as I turn the key on, not sure if that’s supposed to be like that or if it’s supposed to come on when I turn the lights on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
What relay clicks once? If your hazards are off the relay for hazards shouldn't be clicking.

Last edited:

Snyda88

Equipment
Mar 21, 2017
Coatesville, PA
The actual hazard unit (flasher relay) which is mounted on the right side under the hood by the voltage regulator. I totally agree that the relay shouldn’t be clicking when the switch is not turned on. I’m also not saying that the wiring harness is in my perfect shape. I plan on starting at the lights and working my way back this afternoon to check to see if anything is rubbed through and grounding out. I also have to check the switch. Just wanted to check with those who know these tractors better than I do to see if there was something obvious.

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
Sounds like a couple of problems.
Like you said, start on one end (light)of the wiring and work back (fuse).
A rodent or wire rubbed bare.
Hopefully someone has a wireing diagrahm.
Did not see in kubotabooks.

Snyda88

Equipment
Mar 21, 2017
Coatesville, PA
Fortunately I have a wiring diagram out of the owners manual, but unfortunately I know for a fact that there have been sub-repairs done to the wiring by the previous owner’s employees

Snyda88

Equipment
Mar 21, 2017
Coatesville, PA
I checked all the wiring between the switch, light, relay and fuse, all the connections are good. Performed continuity test on switch for the hazard function and it failed. So while the headlight function of the switch works, the hazard function doesn’t.

However upon further going through the wiring diagram which seems like a “one-size fits all” diagram I noticed that there are two wires going to hazard/work light, however there is only one red wire coming out of the light which makes me question if these amber fender lights are even capable of the hazard function or do am I missing something. Ready to hit the f$&@ it button and forget about trying to get these lights to function they way they should.