Kubota B670 Backhoe return line ?

mimmoson

Equipment
B7001
Sep 27, 2010
Vineland, NJ USA
Hi all. I'm currently rebuilding a B670 backhoe that is on a B7100. I picked the hoe up as a basket case and after paint im in the process of re-assembly.
It has it's own hydraulic system, tank, pump, valve etc. My question is the return line from the valve back to the tank. The tank has 3 3/8 pipe plugs in the lower 1/3 section of which 1 will be used to feed the pump. The return line from the valve is where i'm hung up. there are no fittings high on the tank for the return. I do see a small (3/8 " OD roughly) pipe that directly off the filter bracket. The hole in this pipe i feel is way to small for any return volume. What is this used for? Is it proper to return oil to a fitting that normally is below the oil line? Other than that the only other fitting is the fill at the top. I have a manual for mit but it dosen't show the return line hookup. Thanks for any help.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The return line from the valve is where i'm hung up. there are no fittings high on the tank for the return. I do see a small (3/8 " OD roughly) pipe that directly off the filter bracket.
If I understand you, you have it identified. I am rebuilding this same backhoe.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5482

Here are a couple of pics of the return line from the valve body connecting to the base of the oil filter.

Attachments