Hydraulic pressure

pinstripefan90

Equipment
BX25D, FEL&BH, Piranha tooth bar, Bucket hooks, Pallet forks, Back blade
Sep 8, 2017
New York
So, I have seen the bxpanded pressure kit with new shims available for checking/increasing the hydraulic pressure for a BX25D and I have read the reviews and they appear to be good. What I'm wondering is have any of you just bought a cheap hydraulic gauge that can hook into the tractor to check the pressure and then just buy the shims needed from Kubota and wouldnt it be much cheaper than spending the $70 plus shipping that bxpanded charges? Just wondering on your guys experiences/ideas, thanks.

- Jake

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Like anything retail, someone has to order it in, get the correct bits, put it together as a "correct kit", test to make sure it fits particular models, put it in their inventory and computer system, make a space on the shelf to store it, pay for and carry the stock until it's sold, offer warranty for the product, pack it up and send it off, sit on the end of the phone and answer questions, pay for warehouse space, insurance, power etc., etc.
So you either spend the time and buy bits and pieces from different suppliers with multiple delivery charges, or you spend time and fuel and drive around to different shops, and hope you order the correct bits, or you don't waste any time and buy from someone who has done all the leg work already and made it easy for you.
I don't know the actual kit, but that's the process for any kit from any good supplier.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I built a kit for my BX23S, since the new model uses flat faced connectors. I can say that it wasn't all that expensive, but the research to find what I needed, then the time to order it, wait for it to come in and then assemble it.... I wish I could have just gotten a kit. I guess it all depends on how much your time matters to you. :)