FEL alternative

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
the canary has been singing to me again, cheap cheap cheap.
a alternative to a FEL would be a BEL. i had this POS bucket in the bone yard
that used to be on a big tractor and the bucket was home made not by me.
it was built to light. after 2 days of 20 lb sledge hammer work and cutting
torch reduced it to 4 ft wide, perfect for this little bota. this will be my motorized wheel barrel next summer. it doubles as my added weight
ballast in the winter. the 3pth pins are 7/8 grade 8 bolts. they are not
welded in but clamped so as not to weaken them. in one pic u can see
why i put the mirror on the left side.
cheers
Louis

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
u could move a lot of dirt with this thing and i think the 3pth
is good for 1000 lbs and the front blade will keep the front end down.
make sure to install the bota smiley on the back of your seat.:D:D
we,ll start a trend.
cheers
Louis
I am so stealing this idea...

Love it man. Great execution and idea.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
How do you like the spring loaded exhaust cap?
I was contemplating something like that because I often forget to replace the cap at the end of the day. I was wondering about the amount of back pressure it might generate on the exhaust.

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
Stuart, theres no spring, just counter weght and theres no back pressure.
it,s the only way to fly. cheap insurance realy.
Louis

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
LRP, you are a GENIUS! That is SUCH an cool idea! I wish I was your next door neighbor, right next door to Vic, and with Wildfire across the street. But, then again, that's where OTT comes in handy.

The bucket would be great for large amounts of material like snow, and this would leave the front of your machine open for a dozer-style blade as well.

Genius!

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Yes, I had the same idea after I have seen all the traktors in malaysia using just a bucket to make the roads there. So I also make a bucket for my Kuno. But without hydraulics, just for lifting and leveling. And to move new tree's as I have written in another thread here.
After a lot of using the bucket, I figured out it is to week. It start to bend at the top fixing. So my improvment looks like it will get some oil :rolleyes:
But first I need my hydraulic system installed to kuno.

Until now I haven't had really a need for a FEL. So, the 3ph-bucket is a good alternative. Yes!

carl

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
gmtinker; thanks for the kind words, however u are 100% wrong. if i was
a genious, i would be rich instead of singing the canary song cheap-cheap cheap. LOL. u are right about OTT group shareing and helping one another.
cheers
Louis

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Like the man said i wish I lived next door to you guys!!!!!

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
I like that idea. It is certainly a lot easier to use than an old horse drawn slip, (requires two people). I like the hydraulic toplink: but my L175 only has a oneway remote, unless I am missing the return connection.

Most farm supply stores have 3pt lift pins that can be bolted in for less money than grade 8 bolts.

Robert

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
here,s how i tapped in the hyd line. i silvered soldered a 1/4 in pipe elbow on the the hyd line after i cut it of course. there was a tapped bolt hole just below the rear diff lock pedal and u can see the tab welded on to the hyd
line to prevent movement. that line goes to the fender mounted valve. across
from the pressure in is a power beyond adapter and that line goes to the 3pth
where the line orinaly whent. i beleive i have posted earliar how i made a
return to tank line. this tractor is graymarket L1500 or a L175. i used grade 8
as i wanted bullet proof

I like that idea. It is certainly a lot easier to use than an old horse drawn slip, (requires two people). I like the hydraulic toplink: but my L175 only has a oneway remote, unless I am missing the return connection.

Most farm supply stores have 3pt lift pins that can be bolted in for less money than grade 8 bolts.

Robert

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
would you explain how the valves are plumbed in the lower pic in the last post? I'm trying to learn more about hydraulics as i'm pretty much a neo-dummy. fluid power is something i've never needed to work on. owned plenty, i.e. forklifts, dumptrucks, tractors but never a failure. go figure! I think its because i always broke everything else first.

thx, west ky tim