To Bleed or not to bleed hydraulic lines

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
Hi Vic, seems that I need some assistance, Please
One of the bucket cylinders on my B1640 front loader was leaking so I have replaced the seals and am ready to reinstall the cylinder. Removing the cylinder ment disconnecting the hydraulic lines and emptying the oil from the cylinder. Now to reinstall the cylinder I presume that the cylinder and lines must be bled. I have not seen any bleed screws. I would really appreciate a helping hand on how to bleed the hydraulics properly on my B7200. The loader lines were disconneted at the quick connects so the tractor hydraulics were never opened and only the two lines from one cylinder were removed. The hydraulic line connectors were sealed with a whitish paste and I wonder if a tape sealant would be sufficient rather than a paste to reconnect the fittings.
Thanks,

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Hi Vic, seems that I need some assistance, Please
One of the bucket cylinders on my B1640 front loader was leaking so I have replaced the seals and am ready to reinstall the cylinder. Removing the cylinder ment disconnecting the hydraulic lines and emptying the oil from the cylinder. Now to reinstall the cylinder I presume that the cylinder and lines must be bled. I have not seen any bleed screws. I would really appreciate a helping hand on how to bleed the hydraulics properly on my B7200. The loader lines were disconneted at the quick connects so the tractor hydraulics were never opened and only the two lines from one cylinder were removed. The hydraulic line connectors were sealed with a whitish paste and I wonder if a tape sealant would be sufficient rather than a paste to reconnect the fittings.
Thanks,
Just hook everything up and cycle your cylinders a few times. The air will get pushed out. After that you may want to add a little fluid to replace what the empty cylinder took.:D

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
I replaced a line on my loader when I had my B6200. I didn`t bleed it and it was fine. Maybe because it has a return that the air has somewhere to escape unlike say your brakes on your car.

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
:)Hi Guys,
Yes, I reintsalled the bucket cylinder and used yellow teflon tape on the hose threads. Started the engine and presto everything worked like clockwork. Amazing! :rolleyes: Now to rejig the actuator. The linkages are sloppy to say the least. I believe the actuator body and pistions are ok but the linkages from the control handle to the pistons must be worn so I will disassemble and check them out. Thanks for your help and great feedback.