Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
mtaylor

Equipment: L210
Default L210 hydraulics

Anyone out there with hydraulic experience on the L210? I have the owners and parts manuals and have a shop manual ordered. The lift doesn't hold pressure and the fluid is getting in the main gear case. Filter is clean. I'm thinking it is the o-ring on the hydra piston. Anyone ever have this happen?

Mike
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Service Dept Vic

Equipment: B-5000
Default Re: L210 hydraulics

We have a feature article and video comming on hydraulic oil pump seal failure that results in the oil level increasing in the crankcase, so with your L-210, I'd say you're on the right track!

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Service Dept Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
mtaylor

Thanks Vic I'll keep an eye out for it. A great website with lots of info. Much appreciated by orange tractor owners everywhere. Are you in Alberta? I had fresh caught trout cooked in butter from the McCloud <sp?> river once. A fun canoe ride also.;-)))

Mike
Old 06-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
Service Dept Vic

Hi Mike,

Yep. I'm in Alberta. A few hundred miles south of where you had your canoe ride and enjoyed your trout. Im still in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains though!

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
mtaylor

Ok I got the manual. I'm not sure its the one I need tho. Only about 50pgs long. The parts breakdown is more helpful. Is there a more detailed manual? I have vacation time this month and want to use it to work on my l210. one quick question. Will I have to pull the entire oil pressure cylinder body, the one below where I sit, to repalce the o-ring or can it be done by removing the front & rear cylinder covers? There is a rod pin holding the piston but it looks like it could be removed with the rear cover off. Anybody ever do this on an l210. Thanks for any info.

Mike

PS Vic I wish there was some mountains here. High around 100 and the low at night mid 70's. I'm talking 75-76 mid 70's.;-((
Old 07-04-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
eserv
Journeyman

Equipment: B5000,BX24,F2560 Kubota, A1000 Kubota Generator, Bolens (Iseki) G154 with tiller

I've never worked on the hyd. on a l21 but it looks like you should be able to renew the piston seal by removing the front cover and withdrawing the piston according to the service manual. You could also remove the rear cover and ,with a load on the 3 point hitch, observe whether the seal is actually leaking. If the oil is going into the trans. though, the piston seal looks like the likely culprit.
Ed
eserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:12 AM   #7
Service Dept Vic

Mike, I've never replaced the o-ring on the piston in an L210, but I've done that job a few times on othertractor makes and models.

Looking at my parts book for the 210, it does look like you could remove the rear cover, lift up the 3 point arms which would draw the piston rearward, exposing access to the piston connecting rod, pull the pin, rmove the front cover and then using a wood dowel, push the pressure piston out the front to expose the top 1/3rd of it to allow room to replace the o ring.

Removing the piston case cover is pretty straight forward if it needs to be done regardless. Always easier to do a repair with the component on the bench.

The Weather Report Here: Nice and sunny yesterday, high around 23C, overnight low was 14. This morning it's a little windy, some light rain, should clear out, with a daytime high of 22 (72F) exposing that beautiful pile of rocks to the west, the Rocky Mountains.

Perfect weather for golfing, waxing you car or Kubota, or lounging in a lawn chair!

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
mtaylor

Thanks for the encouragement and info. This will be my first tractor repair project and I'm sort of looking forward to it. Now its time to start stocking up on fluids and I don't mean gator ade.

Mike
Old 07-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
steve01
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7100D with a B219 loader, B3548 mower

Perfect weather for golfing, waxing you car or Kubota, or lounging in a lawn chair!

WHAT NO BIKINI WATCHING???????? What you guys thinking up there?
steve01 is offline   Reply With Quote