B2650HSDC Aftermarket radio hookup

Torrin

Equipment
B2650, loader, Front snowblower, Cab, driveway drag, backblade, brush mower
Jun 7, 2014
Mecosta County MI USA
Folks;

I just got my new 2650 yesterday, and noticed the it is wired for a radio. At over $300 I did not order the factory radio. however if it not to difficult I would like to put one in.

Has anyone fitted and wired an aftermarket radio int this tractor?

highcountrybarry

Mar 20, 2016
Fleetwood, NC
This is the heavy duty factory installed radio. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_522JHD...l?search=jensen_heavy_duty_jhd3630bt&skipvs=T

I did order it from the dealer for my L4060 which I got a couple months ago. It is easy to install. All wires etc are in place but you will also need to add an antenna. I understand from my dealer that speakers on the 4060 were already in place but I am changing them out to JBL high quality speakers which necessitates removing the outer roof shell. I am undertaking that after this cold front passes for the next couple days. 5 degrees is too cold for me, even in my barn. My dealer service manager showed me how to remove the roof and it is very light. I'll report back next week if you like. One other caveat. The radio is Bluetooth and can be used with your phone. I could hear everyone I called very well over the speakers, but they couldn't hear me. Turns out there is a $14 external mike required which I purchased and installed and all is good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'll tell ya - Barry hit the nail on the head.

I have been buying from Crutchfield since 1979 - they might be a little higher than other places....

BUT you will NOT find a better company to work with - period, their knowledge of the products is awesome. Shipping is so fast it is scary too.

Also - when installing on cars/trucks - they often give you the schematics of how speakers are placed, how to take off the door panels.....etc.....stuff that is time saving and important.

FOR a tractor - I would not think you need the top of the line stereo - for under $200 you would have system that would rock the field!

Torrin

Equipment
Jun 7, 2014
Mecosta County MI USA
Thanks for the responses.

I found the white plug, and the antenna plug, but I do not see any speaker wires. The speakers are installed (I think, cover plates in place). Can I remove the speaker plates and fish the wiring to install the speaker connections, or do I have to remove the interior cover to the cab ceiling?

highcountrybarry

Mar 20, 2016
Fleetwood, NC
Unfortunately you can't remove the speaker grills. They used tiny bolts with nuts behind them and the nuts fall off. That is why I have to remove the outer roof. Service manager said dropping the headliner is not a good option due to a/c ductwork etc. Check out this link, good post with lots of pics.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...1&share_tid=3681&share_fid=18850&share_type=t

Torrin

Equipment
Jun 7, 2014
Mecosta County MI USA
Ok; Again thanks for the response. I now have some ideas. I found a radio on Ebay from an aftermarket dealer in tractor parts. The radio has the bracket and plug for my tractor. Do I need separate wires for the speakers or are the in the plug?

I am concerned about pulling the wires for the speakers if they are not in the plug.

Another option (if the wires are in the plug) is there is a female plug to mate with my wiring that would allow me to hard wire a quality system to my harness. Again the question is speaker wires.

All of your help has been greatly appreciated.

One more question. Should any aftermarket Radio have a cd player. I am concerned about dust problems, as I will be maintaining over 3 miles of trails.

Last edited:

highcountrybarry

Mar 20, 2016
Fleetwood, NC
I do not have a CD player and with the typical rough ride of a tractor I am not sure it's a good idea. Bluetooth is much more fool proof. The speaker wires are in the white plug, see attached link to a PDF page 6 for the rear connections for my radio. It shows which connector is which on the white Kubota plug, because it just plugs into my radio.

I began replacing my speakers today and removed the roof and pulled the factory speakers. Can't say enough about how easy and how light it is. I just removed 16 screws with my impact driver and slid the roof forward. Ten minutes and I was removing speakers, just in case you have issues with the install like the other guy having to modify the bracket. Didn't have much time so tomorrow I install the new ones.

http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20130505134300/Manuals/522/522JHD3630.PDF

Bevan175

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSDC
Aug 11, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Couple pictures. Wired up the jumper harness. Installed with Microphone for Cell use. Fed the mic wire out the front HVAC vent and adhered the mic to the plastic. Works well for some background tunes. Plowed snow for an hour and it was nice to have music!

Attachments

Last edited: