home made adapter for spin on oil filter

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
the title says it all. whent to wally world this AM and poked in the oil filter boxes until i found one that the threads were recessed in 5/16 in from the
rubber seal. this allowed me to build the adapter whithout modifying anything
on the tractor. that means i can remove 1 bolt and put the cartridge type
back in. :D
LRP

Deneh

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL2000FD
Dec 2, 2010
Herlong, Calif
Okay....where did you come up with the "part" to replace the old canister filter system? From what I see you have a special "bolt" to allow the spin on adapter to screw on to (hollow I am sure about). I have a Zen Noh "L2000DT which is a L225DT and have the old cartridge type system. I do not really want to pay an arm and a leg for the kit when something simple will do just fine.:D

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
where did i come up with the part??? read the post title,
i used one of those slideing wire copythingy to get the angle in the bottom
of the hole. the screw siting on the t-handle allen wrench is from a
bycycle, metric thread. it,s not rocket sicence, look at the pic, read between the lines, the oil filter # is clearly visible. i checked the oil flow from the adapter and it,s correct for the filter. i plowed a lot of snow this winter
and spring and moved a lot of dirt with the BEL and no problems. the home work is all done, just make one.

Okay....where did you come up with the "part" to replace the old canister filter system? From what I see you have a special "bolt" to allow the spin on adapter to screw on to (hollow I am sure about). I have a Zen Noh "L2000DT which is a L225DT and have the old cartridge type system. I do not really want to pay an arm and a leg for the kit when something simple will do just fine.:D

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I think this is a legitimate question- it isn't always easy to determine just from a photo how someone went about accomplishing something. Either be nicer, or don't share your innovation- what's the point in sharing if you aren't informative about how you did it?
There is a lot of good info online about oil filters- you might want to reconsider using Fram. They are the bottom of the barrel.

Deneh

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL2000FD
Dec 2, 2010
Herlong, Calif
The question is legitimate. You put a photo on the forum with a pic of a couple of bolts and a filter and expect a person to KNOW what you did. Just now, you comment on what you used, which was not in the original posting and expect me to understand by the photo what that was.

When someone asks me what I do...I share and am kind about it. That is how we exchange information, something like two owners talking across a fence about their cars or tractors.

Your comments were unnecessary and mean spirited...what I would expect from someone on the internet that hides anonymously. :mad: Maybe you should reconsider being on a forum...

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
#1 it was not intended to be mean. u have no idea of the private
messages i get asking questions when the answer is right there.
#2 your right, i don,t belong here.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
LRP, you are just probably just misunderstood, not mean. It just sounded like that. Perhaps you do get stupid questions, but this wasn't one of them, and what one person does doesn't justify treating everyone else like that. Don't leave the forum- just lick your wounds, have some patience with people who want to understand what you have accomplished, and build some friendships.

SpudHauler

Equipment
RTV 1100 CW-A
Sep 8, 2010
Canada
LRP,
I've always enjoyed reading your posts. Please don't stop.

Your a Canadian, we are tougher than them Americans.

I'm sure I'll get burned, by who cares!

Some call me PotatoDriver.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
LRP,
I've always enjoyed reading your posts. Please don't stop.

Your a Canadian, we are tougher than them Americans.

I'm sure I'll get burned, by who cares!

Some call me PotatoDriver.
I don't know about the tougher part, but I'll second the sentiment- stick around, LRP!

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
This is very unfortunate!!! First, we lost a valuable member, as every member is valuable in an experiential forum such as this. Because everyone has different occurrences with their Kubota's. Secondly, I suppose I was at fault as I sent LRP a message asking for more and specific info. I was really interested in this because I have always thought that the extra filtration is a good thing! Anyone else attempted this adaptation? Northern tool has 150 micron filters made for hyd. with bypass valve built-in for the cold startup issue. anyone know of an off the parts shelf alternative?

Kytim
Rev. Timothy S. Midkiff

Last edited: