Carry All for Quick Hitch

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I have been looking for a Carry All to carry tools, ballast, and materials. I thought of building one to fit my Landpride QH05, but due to time constraints I decided to try the County Line at TSC. It would not fit the QH05 without modification. I had also looked at the King Kutter at Family Farm and Home, but the County Line was $10 cheaper. When I tried the County Line on the QH05 it was immediately apparent the King Kutter would fit the QH05 because the mounting points are extended back from the Carry All frame. I returned the County Line and purchased the King Cutter. For $10 more no modification required for QH05 mounting.

Reactions: 1 user

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Was it the top link that didn't fit? I been thinking of getting one too, I called Tarter..they said it would work fine with QH. I have since bought the China made QH adapter from Everything Attachments. I was going to use the carry all as a rear ballast (add some weight to it)

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
No it isn't a top link problem. The pins for attacking the lower links are mounted directly on the vertical angle iron of the TSC carry all. The location of the pins on the QH05 will not allow the QH05 to rotate vertical enough to attach the top link. Different quick hitches may have different geometry and may work with the TSC quick hitch. If you buy your quick hitch first you might haul it to TSC and check to see if it fits first or buy it try and return it like I did. If you look at the King Kutter carry all on line you can see the lower like pins and top link connection are extended out from the carry all frame unlike the TSC carry all where the pins and top link connections are right on the frame.

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I have a Speeco QH, may give it a try..I don't want anything else that I have fight with or make changes too for fit.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
I too was very happy to see that the King Kutter Carry All (shouldn't that be Karry All?) works with the Land Pride QH05. Got mine right after I got my BX a month ago, but still deciding how I want to build a box for it. I think it will be my main firewood hauler to bring dry wood from my stacks into my attached garage.

Grouse--what are you going to use yours for?

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Grouse--what are you going to use yours for?
My first project will be to carry a new tree (400#) around to replace the oak I took out (digging out the stump is a whole other story). After that carrying tools around for the various projects, looking for a sprayer that will sit on the carry all to spray for ticks (never used to be a problem here), carry ballast when using the loader. My ballast will be easy to come by, build a box and fill with rocks. I may have enough rocks from digging out the oak stump, probably 50# of rocks still embedded in the roots on the stump.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
(...>) My ballast will be easy to come by, build a box and fill with rocks.
Cool. Would love to see what you come up with for your box. I haven't given mine serious thought yet, but wondering if I'll want to use standard 2x lumber, or pressure treated, or maybe 1x cedar. And whether I want to reinforce the edges with angle iron, painted orange. Definitely think I'll want a vertical slot on one side to carry a chainsaw, with the bar held by the slot, and maybe other tool holders for maul, axe, pickaroon, etc.

Jack

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I tried it with my QH and it didn't work at all...Not with QH hook or with the adapter. I believe mine was welded up wrong with the lower pins....I returned it for refund at TSC. I since lost interest in that whole idea

old thread

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
I use my HF Quickhitch with my County Line 5ft landscape rake, County line Carry All without problem. Because its so light I just pick up my County Line Middle Buster and set it in the QuickHitch without problem. Where I ran into difficulty was when trying to hook up my County Line(Tartar) 5ft Rotary Tiller. It kept bouncing out of the top hook and was very crowded when trying to connect the PTO. Finally removed the QH and hooked the tiller up direct for a trouble free connection. But its a pain making that connection.

Reactions: 1 user