Fabbing a Pin-On snow plow

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
My mind was made up today by a friend who has donated a 7' 6" manual snow plow. Plow is going on my Bota, not my truck.

My B7610 is a 24hp, 1800-2000 lb soaking wet machine. How much should I trim off the blade?

Anybody have a source for the brackets to pin it on my FEL? I dont want to just torch holes into C-channel.... I dont want to convert to quick-attach as my loader is only rated for ~900 lbs full lift as it is.

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12327&page=5

Here is what I came up with. ( 1/2 way down the age ) I cut the top of the blade off when I had it on my Coot atv to try and save some weight. I think I cut some off the ends also. The frame that is in the bucket is still real heavy. The holes in the side are also used for my tooth bar. I might do something to get ride of the chain binder but I want to test is like it is first.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
A 7'6" plow isn't gonna weigh anywhere near 900 lbs, maybe 250, if its a heavy one. I'd do what the thread above describes, re mounting in the bucket. You can always cut off, but you can't add back on (easily)...:D

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I like that, keeps bucket on for when you really need to scoop.

I move a lot of dirt, and use my pallet forks for as much as I can, the quick attach adapter would move my bucket 4-6" further from pins and effectively lower my weight limit in bucket. Since I have a little B, Id rather not limit it even more...