L Series Service Bulletin

hellasmania

Jul 17, 2015
Ohio
Dealer contacted me with information on a service bulletin/campaign for L3301, L3901, L4701. I have the affected serial numbers if anyone needs that info. Seems to be Dated Oct 2014.

Issue to be corrected by campaign:
"The PCV valve breather hole was capped with a Masking Plug prior to painting during manufacturing. There is a possibility that the Masking Plug was not removed, which could lead to an engine over-run incident."

The dealer sent a service person to correct the issue (My tractor ended up not needing any corrections).

Just a heads up for those that may have an affected unit.

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
I would like to know the serial #'s as I have an L3901. Thanks in advance for the info.

speedymph1000

May 18, 2015
Alabama
Dealer contacted me with information on a service bulletin/campaign for L3301, L3901, L4701. I have the affected serial numbers if anyone needs that info. Seems to be Dated Oct 2014.

Issue to be corrected by campaign:
"The PCV valve breather hole was capped with a Masking Plug prior to painting during manufacturing. There is a possibility that the Masking Plug was not removed, which could lead to an engine over-run incident."

The dealer sent a service person to correct the issue (My tractor ended up not needing any corrections).

Just a heads up for those that may have an affected unit.
I too would like the numbers please... Thank You very much!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
There are several bulletins out for the L3301 and L3901 and also the L4701 tractors. If you are the original owner, you should get a letter from Kubota. And your dealer should call you.

Partial list of bulletins:
PSB-2014-054 (PCV vent hole plug)
PSB-2014-052 (poor hydraulic performance)
PSB-2014-027 (front axle pivot rocking force)
PSB-2014-061 (battery cable campaign)
PSB-2015-051 (L-01 series ECU reprogram).
PSB-2015-007C (L series cold weather kit, important for those north of the Mason-Dixon Line.....)

Call your local dealer and ask them about it. Some of them have a transportation allowance, so that the dealer can pick it up on Kubota's dime. Some of them that have the allowance are about to expire and if the campaigns are not done and the allowance expires, they won't pay transportation and/or service call fees...so the owner would be responsible. Again, call the dealer with your serial number and they'll give you a rundown.

The only major one is PSB-2014-027, which dealt with a weldment issue on the front axle holder. 99% of them were not affected (had to be checked) but a few had to go back to the factory to have a new front frame installed. The rest of them are easy. The ECU reprogram is a big one and it eliminates PO336 from showing up in the panel during normal operation and therefore de-rating the engine's power. If PO336 is left running, the tractor will not perform a proper regen and can plug the DPF prematurely. Need to do the reprogram ASAP on affected tractors. Is yours affected? Call dealer and find out.

The PCV vent was plugged at the factory during the painting process (to keep paint out of the vent hole), but some of the plugs didn't get pulled after painting. Sometimes the PCV vent would not "vent" properly and cause oil to be pushed into the air intake. Of course it's a diesel...it will run on it's own lubricating oil, and that's what the issue was. It was very rare to find a plug still in a PCV. One out of maybe every 75 tractors but Kubota wants ALL of them inspected. While they're inspecting, they can also do the battery cable campaign if applicable, and ECU reprogram if applicable...all depends on your particular serial number. Some were eligible, others not.

it would be nice if the bulletins weren't "confidential and proprietary". In other words, should not be distributed. But if you call the dealer with your numbers, they'll look it up in about 2 minutes and tell you whether your tractor is done or not, or if it's even eligible. Takes no time at all, and on some of them Kubota even pays pick up and delivery. It's really a low-hassle deal. If you own an L3301, L3901, or L4701, call a dealer to get this stuff addressed.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks lugbolt, the heads up is much appreciated. For several of us with new L's or M's the ONLY way to find out about a campaign has been to stop by the dealer and ask. There have not been any notifications from either our dealers or from Kubota. Dealing with our dpf filters is such uncharted territory, that it pays to be proactive. If there are any new ones on the L60's there are other forum members that would like to know. :D I have been keeping a list in another thread and will add this info there too. Thanks!

speedymph1000

May 18, 2015
Alabama
Thanks lugbolt, the heads up is much appreciated. For several of us with new L's or M's the ONLY way to find out about a campaign has been to stop by the dealer and ask. There have not been any notifications from either our dealers or from Kubota. Dealing with our dpf filters is such uncharted territory, that it pays to be proactive. If there are any new ones on the L60's there are other forum members that would like to know. :D I have been keeping a list in another thread and will add this info there too. Thanks!
Which thread has this info? Thanks!

hellasmania

Jul 17, 2015
Ohio
It would be nice if these bulletins were made available online by Kubota. Anyways, Here are the numbers for PCV valve campaign. Hoping this isn't against policy to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk