Another trailer rebuild

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
I have had this trailer for 15 years. 16ft long deck and it has been used to haul cars, small equipment and even got beaten on for 3 years hauling mulch, dirt, bark you name it in my former landscape business.

As you can see from the first pictures, it has had quite a bit of weight put on it and bowed the cross members so bad it had the frame rails twisted inward.

It is coming out of this overhaul as a brand new, 24' 10K dual axle trailer with brakes (which it did not have brakes before).

More pictures on the next few days of progress will follow.

Attachments

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
I will have plenty of room to haul the tractor and several attachments at one time.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I like the tailgate ramps ! Nice work!

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine

That looks like a "light " duty trailer. :p :D

Seriously, great work and allot of it. :)

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga

There we are, first load taking its first trip with the tractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
How did it pull?
I know my 20 footer that is built the same as yours is too light for my tractor and loader, flexes too much.

I don't know about Georgia but over here DOT would have a field day with the way you have the tractor tied down, here you would need 2 straps on the tractor and one on each the loader and the mower, just might be something you want to check on

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wolfman is correct :D State has to go by at least the DOT minimum which is two on tractor and one on each Attachment. State is free to adopt a more stringent policy.

Some states have a four corner rule on equipment, plus one on each attachment. When hauling between states it's best to use the four corner policy. Then you know your covered ;)

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
How did it pull?
I know my 20 footer that is built the same as yours is too light for my tractor and loader, flexes too much.

I don't know about Georgia but over here DOT would have a field day with the way you have the tractor tied down, here you would need 2 straps on the tractor and one on each the loader and the mower, just might be something you want to check on

Pulled like a dream. I was worried about the flex but it was a non issue. Loaded squarely, very sturdy. Once rolling at 55-60, almost forgot it was there.

As for strapping, you are probably correct. Around here it is not a big issue though. Some guys either only use one strap and sometimes none at all.

Not that it's right, just the way it is around here.

I am getting another chain and looking for my binders. I would not be on the interstate this way, but for a few miles of backroads with almost no traffic I feel okay about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk