Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
Carl wright

Smile Governor and injector pump Removal D1105

Hello all.
My D1105's governor on my genset appears to have jammed. It is running well over the 1500 rpm that it is set at, and produces loads of black soot and to top it off, once it starts i can not stop it unless i kink the fuel lines. Has any one had this problem before and is there any thing i have to look out for when i pull the governor out. Do i have to pull out the injector pump first for example and do any springs like to jump off. Is there any chance of any thing coming adrift and landing in the timing case or sump etc?. Love to hear from you
Carl wright is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
Randyj
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Default Re: Governor and injector pump Removal D1105

I had to replace the injector pump ($$$ouch$$$) on my B9200 . Four cylinder 1200 Kubota Diesel.

I removed the side cover 1st. Their was two springs that I had to carefully remove from the pump before I could pull it out.

I would suggest that you take a digital image of the parts before you remove anything, to aid in re-assembly.

No, parts shouldn't go flying everywhere. Just be carefull, take your time, and remove those springs with a pair of needle nose pliers.
Randyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
Blkvoodoo
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyj View Post
I had to replace the injector pump ($$$ouch$$$) on my B9200 . Four cylinder 1200 Kubota Diesel.

I removed the side cover 1st. Their was two springs that I had to carefully remove from the pump before I could pull it out.

I would suggest that you take a digital image of the parts before you remove anything, to aid in re-assembly.

No, parts shouldn't go flying everywhere. Just be carefull, take your time, and remove those springs with a pair of needle nose pliers.
I suggest checking these springs mentioned above before digging too deep, they do break from time to time, see this a lot on Moffetts with Kubota engines

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome !
Blkvoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
Carl wright

Thanks guys. from what i am seeing of the expanded parts view the governor drive shaft runs off the timing gear. Do i need to turn the engine over to TDC or anything before i start? same question for the pump? I don't think i would just checking.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
eserv
Journeyman

Equipment: B5000,BX24,F2560 Kubota, A1000 Kubota Generator, Bolens (Iseki) G154 with tiller

It is easiest to check the pump first and it is more likely to be the culprit. to remove the pump you need to remove the injector lines and the fuel lines then remove the stop solenoid. Finally remove the two bolts and two nuts that are holding the pump in. The pump will now just lift straight up out of there. (you might have to put your finger in the stop solenoid hole and hold the rack forward a little).
When you get it out the rack should move freely back and forth, my bet is that it isn't. have a look for a broken plunger return spring jamming up one of the plungers. You won't have any springs or other things jump at you but do pay attention to the gaskets (shims) under the pump. do not damage or loose them, they are used to set the injection timing.
Ed

Last edited by eserv; 06-15-2010 at 07:02 PM.
eserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:47 AM   #6
Carl wright

Thank you Ed you were spot on broken plunger spring middle cylinder. Do you know what cause's a broken spring ? I found a little amount of carbon in the pump but nothing major.The engine has done only 524hrs and is just over 18 months old common fault or dodgy springs?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #7
eserv
Journeyman

Equipment: B5000,BX24,F2560 Kubota, A1000 Kubota Generator, Bolens (Iseki) G154 with tiller

I don't know why the springs break, it doesn't happen often but I've seen it a few times.
Ed
eserv is offline   Reply With Quote