Repaired L2250 tachometer/Thanks

LovesDauphins

Equipment
L2250D, FEL
May 12, 2015
Relay, Maryland, USA
Just want to thank you all for the threads/ideas on how to fix tachometer issues. I recently bought an L2250D that has several issues - one issue that bugged me the most was the lack of an engine tachometer. I did a search on here and found several different ideas...and finally got the nerve to disassemble the Kubota to figure it out. I included some pictures of what I found.

Followed the advice of removing the cable from the hour meter assembly drive on the engine. I found that the spinner inside the cable had broken due to the parts seizing that attach to the engine.

Replaced both of those items and then watched the needle in the instrument cluster break and fall apart. (My wife was sweet enough to hold the cluster while I took the picture))

Disassembled the instrument cluster to find that the small plastic and metal assembly that the cable plugged into was bent causing it to grind. I was able to place it in a vice and bend it back to shape. Crazy glue is holding the needle together. I don't believe the tach is reading perfectly but I'm glad the hour meter is ticking away so I can better gauge the tractor's use.

I'll be posting more about the machine soon - lots of things need to be fixed and I am way too new at this..... but I wanted to throw some thanks out there first and share pictures of what I found!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I broke the needle on my truck speedo, found a tiny vacum elbow and inserted a noodle from a can of carb cleaner, worked perfectly and looked like it belongs there.