MX5200 First Regen today!

JKS3613

Equipment
MX5200-FEL, Woods BB72X Cutter, Woods 72" BB
Apr 12, 2015
Zachary, LA
My MX5200 had its first regeneration today at 28.3 hours on the meter. I was running about 2000rpm and was loading/moving dirt at the time, when I smelled something that, at first, I thought was brush burning. Then it kinda smelled like diesel burning and it dawned on me what was happening. I immediately checked the gauges and saw that the regeneration light was lit. It stayed on for about 13 minutes or so and then went off, as it was supposed to do. If I had not smelled it, or seen the dash light during that brief period, I would have never known it was occurring. The performance did not change one bit. Most of my tractor time is spent bush hogging 18 acres, or spreading/back dragging dirt, etc., so I can't see it ever being a big problem under those high power settings and our hot climate here. (South Louisiana) I'll have to say , I am very relieved and see now that I worried a lot over nothing. :) So far, so good, as they say!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Great! Thanks for posting, it is useful to hear how each of the different engine types is working out. I added a link to this post in the sticky above.