L3901 Error Codes (p3001)

Carter

Equipment
L3901, FEL, Snowblower
Feb 18, 2015
Grey County, Ontario
Hello, i am new to this forum, and to my tractor. I am wondering if anyone knows where a guy can get a list of error codes for the L3901? I started it up this morning and it was idling up and down, smoking like crazy and giving me a code p3001. The tractor only has 28hrs. So far it has been awesome, until this. Dealer response was to send out a mechanic...still waiting on that. Any advice or direction would be great. Thanks.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum Carter. I would think that you should be able to find them online just as you can OBD codes for autos.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would think that you should be able to find them online just as you can OBD codes for autos.
No you can not, they are not published #'s, yet. :(
And if anyone knows the #'s they are not talking! :mad:

Carter

Equipment
L3901, FEL, Snowblower
Feb 18, 2015
Grey County, Ontario
Well, the dealer sent out a mechanic. The guy was nice, but indicated that these new tractors are well "new" to them too. They couldn't clear the code, but apparently it has to do with the regen of the DPF. As well apparently they have had problems with PCV's freezing up and causing pressure in the crankcase, and blow-by, thus the smoky and eratic idle. It's been in the -20's here for over a week, miserably cold. He tried to tackle it with a laptop computer for about an hour. At the end of the day my 29hr old L3901 went on a truck back to the dealer. Waiting to hear the results. I am trying to stay positive, but it's a tough pill to swallow putting out the $ for a new tractor to have it in the shop so soon. My foot is almost in my mouth :cool:after a hard fought battle to convince the long haired commander of the homestead that a "new" tractor would be trouble free. So far the dealer response has been good, polite, and speedy. I'll post the results. I'd be interested to hear if any other L39 owners have similar experiences. :confused:

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Equipment
L3901, FEL, Snowblower
Feb 18, 2015
Grey County, Ontario
Tractor is still MIA at the dealer. Apparently I was sold the tractor and the dealer did not do the recall campaign for the cold weather issues. Now they claim the parts for the recall are backordered beyond belief. It's February in Canada and I have no snowblower/tractor! Thanks Kubota! Needless to say I am not impressed to have forked over thousands of dollars in December for a new tractor to find out that it wasn't retrofitted for cold weather. I would have thought a dealer in Canada of all places would look after that stuff. I am just hoping no damage was done with the erratic revving and sputtering. Buying a brand new tractor was a huge huge huge decision for our family, having it in the shop at 29hrs makes me worried about the years to come (or not) with our Kubota. I will post the outcome of this. Right now I wish I had my tractor here to clear some snow. I was pretty proud to have bought Orange instead of Green, but I now I am seeing Red, and feeling like all I have Lemon Yellow.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi Carter, that really (sorry for the language, can't think of a better word) sux. I think the recall came out sometime in December, and I didn't find out about the one on mine until I happened to stop by the dealership to ask about one I'd heard about on the B3350 and the tech looked up mine. The system Kubota seems to have in place is less than ideal as I understand it. They (Kubota) are supposed to notify owners, and they don't. The dealers have to log on to a protected part of the Kubota website and look for the technical bulletins for specific tractors, and then order the kits. You can imagine just before Xmas that stuff might get missed. The only thing I can suggest since your dealer is partly to blame is to raise a fuss to get a loaner tractor. You should not be hung out to dry like this.

Last edited:

krekda

Equipment
L3901dt
Feb 16, 2017
Simpsonville, SC
Took me awhile to get to resetting this code. I have a L3901dt tractor that has been a pretty good machine. Got some bad fuel one time that caused P3001 and P3003 codes to display. replaced the fuel and it has been running fine since but that code has bothered me. Dealer didn't seem to know how to reset it or maybe didn't want me to know. To reset these you must start with the key off, press and hold 2 amber buttons on left, turn on key, an A appears in display. Press amber button once and a B will appear in the display, press and hold 2 amber buttons till display changes, then press button once so display says off, press button again and display goes blank. turn key off for a minute then code will be gone.:D

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Took me awhile to get to resetting this code. I have a L3901dt tractor that has been a pretty good machine. Got some bad fuel one time that caused P3001 and P3003 codes to display. replaced the fuel and it has been running fine since but that code has bothered me. Dealer didn't seem to know how to reset it or maybe didn't want me to know. To reset these you must start with the key off, press and hold 2 amber buttons on left, turn on key, an A appears in display. Press amber button once and a B will appear in the display, press and hold 2 amber buttons till display changes, then press button once so display says off, press button again and display goes blank. turn key off for a minute then code will be gone.:D

Does this procedure work for all the error codes or just those two?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Does this procedure work for all the error codes or just those two?
Works for all codes. It clears the memory in the panel (dash). But it does not clear the ECU's memory. And thus, is IMO considered a temporary solution to a bigger problem. It only turns the code off in the dash so you can see the hourmeter. And if there's a problem causing the code, it will come right back.