books on tractor hydraulics?

philztoy

Equipment
L3830, IH695, Deere 4720Cab 3720Cab 4320 4200 450C 790, R Z and Jetstar Molines
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
i want to add some rear outlets to some of my tractors and control valves.

I have searched for how to information books on the subject as I like to read and learn that sort of thing. I can't find any books on the subject of tractor hydraulics.

I saw there is a video here and will watch that. But I also would like a how to book if it is around.

Phil

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
i want to add some rear outlets to some of my tractors and control valves.

I have searched for how to information books on the subject as I like to read and learn that sort of thing. I can't find any books on the subject of tractor hydraulics.

I saw there is a video here and will watch that. But I also would like a how to book if it is around.

Phil
2 ideas, here:

surpluscenter.com has a page on their web site that has all the formulas needed to make calculations.

a book titled lets get into hydraulics, might have been published by I&T shop manuals (CRS kicking in here...):D

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
Thank you for the tips. I ordered all of those books. They look like exactly what I need. i couldn't find those when I searched amazon...but they are there.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Thank you for the tips. I ordered all of those books. They look like exactly what I need. i couldn't find those when I searched amazon...but they are there.
Vickers
If you have the time could you give a review of the two books. The Vickers book is rather expensive but may be worth the investment. Thanks

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
Vickers
If you have the time could you give a review of the two books. The Vickers book is rather expensive but may be worth the investment. Thanks
I haven't read the Vickers book yet. There seem to be quite a few versions and updates of that book and I bought two different ones which seem to be very similar.

I also bought two versions of lets get into hydraulics. They are both articles out of a tractor publication and are nice summaries. One also had some tractor wiring and electrical articles. I have been reading them to start and the information is useful. Those books are more hydraulics for tractors 101.

The Vickers book is more the advance hydraulics in vehicles reference.

I hope that helps. I will try and get some further information up here when I get in the same room with the books again. :)

Phil

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
I think through these books and all the research I am ready to plum a couple remotes into the Kubota. It seems you find the line coming out of your loader to the 3 point and insert a valve body in and out in line with that then connect the remote quick connect females to the body.

A couple of my Deere's have "power beyond kits". On deeres this is just an open loop that you disconnect and connect the back hoe circuit to and then reconnect a Loop when the backhoe circuit is disconnected. They were always more of a dirty mess to me when the backhoe was off... but now they are no longer just dirty little connections, now I have realized their true beauty as my hydraulic remote supplier beautiful connections. So the power beyond hookup should be even easier as you just plug the quick disconnects in line with the valve and back to the other side of the loop.

So far that is what I think I know. Yet to be further developed....

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
If you want to learn the basics of hydraulics I can recommend "US Army field manual, FM-5-499 hydraulics" which is free to download on many sites. :)
You can try here or buy on paper from Amazon.

Anders
thanks for the link I will try and find that. I am still in the basics phase for sure.

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
There are picture from the books I bought. The first to are the Lets get into hydraulics and they are the same other than the black covered one also has some tractor electronics (BONUS)
[/URL][/IMG]

Here are the table of contentss pages for review.

[/URL][/IMG]

The vikers ones seem similar I bought a couple of different copyright dates and they look similar Here are pages for the one I had available.

[/URL][/IMG][/QUOTE]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]